Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clayt from the ol' Reload Bench forum

Howdy clayt, vers, elkhunter, & Sky Kid, who I already know from waaaaay back. And howdy to fryboy and kodiak.

RR, nice to "see" you here!
    ~Clayt

Thank ye, clayt. And howdy to anyone I've left out!

Funny that casting comes up...I've acquired a couple of new molds over the last year that have yet to be warmed beyond room temperature. Plus I have about 300 pounds of alloy all cleaned up and ready to go. I just need to get my gonna in motion while the weather's still cool!
    Last edited by RiverRider; 02-11-2014 at 03:19 AM.

My problem is, and it's not really a problem I guess, I think I enjoy casting and reloading more than I do the shooting. Is that blasphemous?

Mark, I need to get some more bullets cast for my sons 30 carbine. Hard to get the time while still trying to a new house the way I like it..

BB

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRider View Post
    Funny that casting comes up...I've acquired a couple of new molds over the last year that have yet to be warmed beyond room temperature.
    Yup, same here. I bought a mold for the 45-70 that my wife gave me for my birthday last year. It's still sitting in the box. I hunted with jacketed hollow points that I had left over from when #7 was still a Ruger #3 45-70. And we've had some really nice weather here in between cold snaps, so no excuses.

I do not feel that controversy should be avoided at all cost. It is an important part of life.

BB I can help you store some of your lead stash if you show me how to cast. I probably have 150 pounds of ingots cast from wheel weights. How many bullets would that make?

When are we having another RLB Fest? Maybe I can make it this time. I am a TRUE vagabond. I always thought that it referred to a person with little money but NO it comes from the spanish verb vagar which means wanderer. I do like to travel.

It seems like a lot of the old crew is here, I am glad to see (not say)
    Last edited by j1; 02-11-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Hi John. That would be about 5000 bullets weighing 200 grains each. Reckon that's enough to fool with?

GunLoad Trainee

hi versifier.

interesting post.

*we" are all "family"... myself, DOC, and a few of the other family members? we were hoping we could all cordially invite you to post any "grievances" you might have at the bombshelter.

neither me nor doc is "perfect"... nor is any member we have. BUT... we are all "family".

please come and bombshelter-post specific grievances, or, rule suggestions, or *anything* else... you have my personal, iron-clad promise that...

1) it will be a civil family discussion
    2) if any one says anything rude or haughty, they will be locked out of the remainder of the "family discussion"
    3) no member (or owner, or mod or admin) will be the slightest bit "dismissive" of anything you point out...

hey... maybe DOC talked about his "personal relationship with jesus" and it got to you, please dont be afraid to PIPE UP or feel "intimidated" he's the admin, hes the admin because of his internet programmign ability... i can move his offending post to the clubhouse where it belongs if thats it

hey... maybe me and doc SHOULD tell pickle that he has not been "cartoon" swearing and accidentally-forgetfully typing out naughty words.

hey... maybe you think ME has been not obeying the rules. I take no offense to it.

=================================================

these are just EXAMPLES... generic examples of what MIGHT be the fault.

if you dont remember? I once offered bthqt i felt like a regular member, and that *maybe* I would be more confortable posting under a "regular member" screen name (allowing MODS and OTHER ADMINS to move my posts or curtail me)

I have a very laid back management style in real life, and i do it on the net too... in real life? i just got "addressed" by an 18 year old girl at work. (where i am the manager) I didnt yell, i could have easily laughed and walked away... i didnt... i told her she was right.

versifier? we are *family*, and i would highly prefer you TELL US about this stuff. I have BEEN ON sites where admins and MODS dont feel the rules apply to them, or their friends dont play by the rules... it wont GET to that point.

but, you are cordially invited to list your grievances, and you have my iron-clad promise i will block ayne who gets rude or off color about it, out of the sane, rational "family discussion".

we are *family*.

Hey guys.

Where are the girls versifier promised us when we agreed to sign up?

He promised you girls?? All I got was a lousy bookmark. I want a do-over!