Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New press!!!

Talking New press!!!

Got my first good press today at the BIG!!! gun show in tulsa. A RCBS JR2 for $25 just have to bolt it down!!!

I remember the time I got my first press. My dad went to a mans house one day. When he got home he had me go look in tha back of the car. I came back to the house yelling A PRESS, DAD GOT A PRESS!!!!!!!! A couple days later an H&R leatherneck came to our little gun shop. After some fuss about how much I wanted that gun dad made me a deal. He said Daniel, you want the gun? I will trade you that Savage model 24 22/20ga for that gun that press and a brick of 22 ammo. YIPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!! the 22 ammo is gone, but I still have the gun and the press. The press is a RCBS reloader special 3. I have loaded a lot of ammo on that press in the year that I have had it.
    DANIE/BS JR.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Quote Originally Posted by Toney
    Got my first good press today at the BIG!!! gun show in tulsa. A RCBS JR2 for $25 just have to bolt it down!!!
    Good on you Toney ! I remember my first press it was a simplex turret (that took 5/8 dies) & you could only neck size with it! But Hell it was my first Press (I suppose I was about 15 at the time ) But as the saying goes ....out of little chestnuts grow mighty trees! You'll look at your bench one day in years to come& remember that it started with your first press ! So enjoy there are many hours of pleasure to come yet

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Dave glad your still around, your the only pro on this sight
    Toney Relic Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Toney
    Dave glad your still around, your the only pro on this sight
    Hiya Toney,
    Regarding the quote,,,anytime you need you can wander over and give a little shove to a few of the guys at cast boolits to answer any reloading questions you may have. Most anyone will come on over to help out. Including me. I have a few years of reloading under my belt and am happy to help anytime.
    Congrats on that first press,if I remember my first press was a RCBS Reloader Special 5,happily found a old LYman All American Turret press and have since added a Dillon RL 550 and a Rockchucker and even a Lee hand Press for odd jobs.
    45nut-Ken

Thanks 45 i have learned a LOT!!! from cast bootlits
    Toney Relic Hunter

Great to be Back Mate ! I've got another 2weeks of this contract left & am off tomorrow to get it out the way (so much for retirement ) I've got to adress a small camel problem as well this time as well a dog stifferning (dingo baiting ) so the sooner i get it over & done with ! The sooner I can get back home & help with our wheat harvest!

Dave

GunLoad Trainee

Default Bair press

My first press was a Bair out of Lincoln, Nebraska. They went out of business in the late 70's I think. Great "C" press. Cast iron & real heavy. I got a scale, powder measure, trickler and 44 mag and 22-250 dies from them. Good equipment. I also have a Lee aniversary kit. Good stuff. My first 44 dies had a steel resizer. Bad mistake which I rectified with a Lee carbide sizer. I wish bottlenecks had those.

First up welcome to the Site Jim ! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here .We're all slightly insane here,but it's a great place to share info.I live for the day that they introduce Carbide dies for Bottle necks! Oh life would be be made easier !

Dave

welcome to the guide Jim!!!
    Toney Relic Hunter