Thread: Trigger Withdrawal and Happy 4th

Default Trigger Withdrawal and Happy 4th

My shooting buddy's been on vacation and I have had all kinds of family and other stuff happening so I have not fired a shot at anything in two weeks and won't have a chance until next Tuesday. I'm definitely in trigger withdrawal and it's getting bad. Every time I walk by the safe I hear these muffled pleas in a variety of languages. Good thing I can't understand most of them. My deer rifle's a Remington though, quite a bit younger than the European and Asian girls, she's feeling neglected, and she's not happy. That's what gongs are for. No reason not to bring some of the others, too. I have 50rds more of PRVI factory Swede ammo to get the brass and the Arisaka I've some cast loads ready that I haven't shot yet. But I'm definitely going to have to start with the 788 now that I can hit things shooting offhand again. Just to shut her up. That safe is next to my bed and she'll be waking the dog up. Someone else could shoot her and I wouldn't mind a bit. Older rifles are so much easier to live with than older women, you ever notice that? But it's the younger ones that are just old enough to be old friends that keep us interested.

Have a happy and safe 4th, and keep them in the 10ring. Trigger control. I'm trying to stay off the roads between the deer, moose, turkeys and all the drunken tourists dodging them it tries one's patience sometimes.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Happy Fourth to all.

kinda curious ... the 6.5's are my newest ventures in cast shooting , if i can get the swedes and the japs doing decent i'll be brave enough to try it in the 6.5 x 284 but with the nature of that beast i'm saving it for last

indeed happy birthday america !!! be safe ya'll !

What do you have for 6.5 moulds Fryboy? I have had really good luck with the old Lyman 140gr RNGC in the 6.5 M/S, at least up to around 1500fps or so. Can't remember the #. Haven't tried them or the 170 FNGC cruise missiles in my Swede yet, but I will. The scout mount for it is on the way. I am interested especially in your 6.5jap results. Haven't got my type38 yet, but I am hopeful.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

i have a lyman 150 #266673 iirc and a fat lee cruise missile , it's my newest project in casting ( so to speak ) NOE has one out i'd like to try as i think the jap would perhaps do better with a lighter boolit ...i'm more short of time for fun things than i'd like as well [dratz] geargnasher and a couple of others have cut down the cruise missile and have had decent luck , if luck is involved umm let's just say that i haven't won the lottery yet either :P