Thread: 2015 NH Deer hunting

Thumbs up 2015 NH Deer hunting

I took a 130LB doe about 15 mins after sundown of our last "Doe Day" for ML.
    130LBs is a good sized doe here and I'm very happy.
    I used my TC Omega w/250gr shock wave yellow powered by 2 pellets 777.
    80 yards, broadside, double lung, no meat damage.
    ~Clayt

hunter at large

What, no photo?
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

ok

Hello Versifier, I may have finally conquered the problems with computer and registered in. Last contact you queried hunting in NZ. I live on a narrow coastal plain west of the alps so we go from sea lev to the higher mountains 8,000 to 10,000 feet. My freezer carries Red deer, Chamois, and tahr. there are Wapiti (Elk) and a few hybrids. I occasionally visit North Is for Red's.Sika, Fallow. there are a few Rusa and maybe Sambar though have not heard of any being shot for many years. There are Whitetail on Stewart Island, I have watched them eating seaweed from a boat. I learned the lesson of old age this year as my boiler ran out of steam at around six and a half thousand feet and have to live with tahr and chamois may be off the menu. won't miss the chamois so much but the tahr is much akin to lamb and casserole shanks with herbs and celery carrots and onion and Dumplings I am now relying on the younger generation. though I may go in from the other side of the alps where one can work from huts and not have to land base camp from helicopter and then haul it up into position with rope Bird shooting in the North Is ducks both Islands and Canada Geese rise to pest proportions in the south. that's us I Best in hunting guess regs ancestor

Ancestor Do you have room for 1, it is tempting to see NZ

ok

Good morning Mike,Ah-Ha, as I may have mentioned to Versifier My days of scraping my shins around rock slides and backing off bluffs, wading fast Ice fed streams are about over. I will only be a round the edges hunter now. Pheasant and Quail are my real passion. The Mountains down here where the Chamois and Tahr frequent are not to be taken lightly and the Rain forest likewise, every year there are those hunters and trampers who do not come back, some never to be found. I have hunted in Fiordland south of here and it is not for the faint hearted or inexperienced. Getting stuck on a sheer bluff with the with the weather closing and snow coming is not hay. Having said this if one can handle it it is a great experience. My last trip a few months ago was a wake up call as I did not have the wind for 5,500 ft to 6,000 feet and having to struggle along with an iceaxe and pack gave me the message. The lads i went with were professional hunters on a meat hunt and those guys really move up there, all round a great trip, my deep freeze is stocked accordingly.If you are ever contemplating a trip down this way I would think the N.Z Deerstalkers Association and Fish and Game, would be your best bet. Unless you want the luxury of the super rich who go all the way with guides and a helicopter and would not need advice from me. If you follow the New Zealand hunting mags you would find hunting groups in them who would be more useful than me, otherwise if I can help you I will . Regards and good luck.