Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nees ome help !

OH CRAP !!!!!! No I don't but you can bet I'll buy at least a slip on. I didn't think that the recoil would be that bad!. Ohhhhhhhh misery and pain....... Sometimes the biggest dumb azz I know is sitting here typing! Now I'm gonna go make a really big scotch...........
    Last edited by WildmanJack; 03-28-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    "Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith and go forward" Thomas Alva Edison"

I feel your pain! almost,
    Tony

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Past recoil sheilds on sale at Midway......
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Default Well

I was thinking the Buff Bore load was a little warm judging by the quoted specs for the ammo!

I recall mentioning something like...... go .1 gr above original load and shoot a few. Then add .1 gr and shoot a few and so on up to but not exceeding published max loads to see if at some point the cases quit smoking. Hodgdon lists 5.4 gr Clays as max for your bullet for "Cowboy" category loads.

I also said something about the Lyman Reloading Handbook #48 listing...... specific 45 Colt loads for the Win 94 AE that were tested using that gun... these loads are for your gun and exceed the specs for the "Cowboy" loads but I don't see any listed approaching what you just shot.... 325 gr at 1325fps!!!! Ouch! BTW The Lyman Win 94 AE 45 Colt load category has nothing to do with the "Contender 45 Colt" category- two different critters.

To the point of the original question- Did the hot loads smoke the cases?
    Last edited by 405; 03-30-2008 at 12:29 AM.
    "You can't have no idea how little I care"- Montelius Walsh

Exclamation

well I haven't gotten the hot loads yet so I can't say. But if I can type after shooting then I'll post the results...
    "Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith and go forward" Thomas Alva Edison"

Default I'm confused!

Quote Originally Posted by WildmanJack View Post
    OH CRAP !!!!!! No I don't but you can bet I'll buy at least a slip on. I didn't think that the recoil would be that bad!. Ohhhhhhhh misery and pain....... Sometimes the biggest dumb azz I know is sitting here typing! Now I'm gonna go make a really big scotch...........
    Going through all the posts in this thread in chronological order and having read the above post it would seem that you did shoot the "hot" loads and had gotten some serious recoil. If that is not the case then there is some important info missing!

Also, if the loads you are going to try or have tried from Buff Bore are indeed pushing a 325 gr bullet to 1325 fps you might reconsider. Sounds to me anyway that round is intended for something like one of the Freedom Arms heavy weights or something because it exceeds all the data I've looked at for the 45 Colt for the stronger actions
    "You can't have no idea how little I care"- Montelius Walsh

This is what I read on Buffalo Bore's website before I ordered... ( I cut and pasted the info)
    "These Heavy .45 Colt +P loads are safe in all LARGE FRAME Ruger revolvers.
    (includes Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk, all pre-2005 Vaquero, Bisley, Redhawk)

These Heavy .45 Colt +P loads are NOT intended for the New Model Vaquero (small frame).

These loads are also safe in all modern Model 1892 leverguns
    as well as all Winchester & Marlin 1894's"

So I'm not too worried about shooting them in my Win.94ae. Sorry about the confusion! And I do appreciate the concern. I will post the resuts and how bad the recoil is once I get the rounds delivered...
    Jack

a Tp load is probably in the 23000 area pressure wise
    but i bet these would make an awesome short range too 100 yds elk and deer load
    i load about to this level for my 92,s
    but not with 325gr boolits, not that i wouldn't i just don't have a mold that big.

Buffalo Bore says these rounds are good for critters up to 1,000 Lb. but I recon that would be with a dead on heart shot, so untill I see what the accuracy is and what the recoil is like I'll just use it on mice, squirrels, and other small fur bearing animals... hahahahahahahah just joking... I'm really looking forward to trying these, I shot a buddy's .300 Weatherby Mag a few weeks ago and I don't think it can be anything even close to that. Of course I only shot it once and then ran to the car looking for a large bag of ice... LOLOL
    Jack

i don't think i would hesitate to put them through the shoulders of an elk