Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What

Default What

I have read 2 articles that have me perplexed. The first is that NH, the state where I had my first sucess, is thinking of stopping moose hunting in the southern part. Deer and moose do not mix well but I thought that moose would drive out the deer, similar to what has happened in Brunswick, VT. Ticks seem to be the problem but VT does not mention ticks in the reasoning for the reduction of the moose herd. What gives? I do know that moose look haggard come spring.

Second, whose federal senators voted to give the UN control over our constitutional right to arms. VT and NH have traitors as do many other states. 46 senators voted to give control under the UN treaty. I know that we are not to be political on this forum so this is just a question for people to think about.

Mike B

Ticks and combined with strictly political mismanagement of the population have brought the northern New England moose population on the brink of extinction. They are so emaciated that the coyotes are having no trouble taking them down in their weakened state. Most of the ones recently spotter around here are walking skeletons. For the last ten years the biologists in all three states have been predicting dire consequences if something was not done to control the ticks, but have been powerless against lobbying efforts by the hospitality industry that want no news released that might negatively impact tourist numbers. There is talk of the F&G biologists actually suing the state to stop this year's lottery, which should have been stopped two years ago when the success rate numbers began to drop off and the calf survival rates plummeted. We have also had an active breeding population of mountain lions in NH for more than twenty years, but CO's are forbidden to admit it publicly even though a person was killed by one last year in Lancaster. Same reason: don't scare away the tourists. The deer population up here is healthier than it has been in decades though.

Mike I have no problem with occasional political posts as long as it stays civil and no one is attacking or insulting other board members.

What I will tolerate here under NO circumstances are religious posts of any kind (also verboten are posts attacking/denigrating any religion, orientation, national origin, race, etc.). Note that that does not forbid the occasional tasteful joke poking fun, not hate, at groups or people in the news., and "Oh Jesus! I missed that f%@$ing gong again!" is NOT considered a prayer, while "O Jesus, please let me hit that f%@$ing gong this time!" would be. Just so you know..... Folks are also free to make fun of my cooking. That won't prevent me from serving anyone with the gall to badmouth my lasagna a rat burger the next time he comes to visit, but it has nothing to do with religion and as such is also an acceptable subject to post about.

Politics, especially with respect to gun and hunting issues is perfectly acceptable material to post here. As well as comments on related news items. Do try to edit stronger language though, folks can get a bit too worked up about politics sometimes.

I am as disgusted with the UN treaty situation as you are. I never supported Ayotte due to her stances against veterans, the disabled, and legalized cannabis. As our state AG, she was focused on heavy enforcement and zero tolerance, all of politically correct positions to make her Mass-transplant supporters happy. Don't even get me started on Shaheen. The pair of them are a disgrace to our state and our country.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

So if I suggest that skykid needed to pray to a few gods to shoot better I would be ok?
    -----
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Yes. It hasn't worked yet, has it?
    "Stand your ground.

Beautiful Downtown South Carolina Where the Frenchies all hang out

I can use all the help I can get
    Thanks for your thoughts Hellrazor
    Camper at RLB Fest 2006,2007,2008,2009,2010 and 2012
    Hosted 2011 in New Hampsha ya I did
    Proud owner of a 264RLB #4

Your welcome. I aim to please
    -----

Beautiful Downtown South Carolina Where the Frenchies all hang out

Just so yall know
    I can hit the wall of a barn from the inside
    Camper at RLB Fest 2006,2007,2008,2009,2010 and 2012
    Hosted 2011 in New Hampsha ya I did
    Proud owner of a 264RLB #4

What happens if you left the door open by mistake?
    -----

Then all the stock goes running out and it's rodeo time. How else does a NH transplant deal with southern culture shock?
    "Stand your ground.

4 weeks to go