Thread: Harold would be proud

GunLoad Trainee

Default Harold would be proud

When I did the #1 ruger in 450 ak I throated it for big cast which it does very well with. This morning I woke up a little less saine than usual. I got some hornady 350 RN's which I know it thrown dime size groups with so I loaded some. I looked in the corner and noticed a box of speer hotcor 350's which I've never found to be overlly accurate. So I got to thinkin. What about turnin them arse backwards on the same charge(70 grains H4198 cause I got throat) take em to the range and see what happens. At 2560 fps they print exactly where the 350 horn RN's do. Now heres my thinkin I'll take this puppy for my newfie moose bear hunt. When it comes time to lookin fer a bear I'll stick one of these hard heeled backward units in. I remember when harold johnson was sticken 50 cal fmj's in his 50 ak backwards he said no matter what he shot at what angle it was straight through....Man this oughta be fun...I dont know how the BC is with em backwards but I gotta think their not as bad as a fella might think cause I was firing at a birm 130 yds away and they were strikin pretty much the same place the 350 horns were. I would bet that giant boat tale rear makes up a bit for the flat front. Not sayin I'm shootin 300 yds with em but I think Mr bruin out to 75 yds is goin to do some hurting

You'll have essentially a FMJ, won't you? Will it then be legal ammunition?
    Tom

Warning! Does NOT play well with others!

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    You'll have essentially a FMJ, won't you? Will it then be legal ammunition?
    Good point. Never thought of it. Goin to look into it