Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 45-70 NEF Handi-Rifle lmild recoil deer load needed ASAP!

She'll be dating before much longer (if she isn't already). That will greatly increase your odds of outside positive motivation.

My youngest didn't need anything but a good example, but I got off easy. A couple years back, at 15, she lit into one kid who was spouting off about how evil guns are, evil assault weapons, etc., thinking it would impress her as he hit on her. She said, publicly turning him down in a crowded lunch room: "I've been shooting since I was seven, and I got my HE card as soon as I was old enough. Probably you were playing with dolls. Probably you still are. I load my own hunting ammo for the 6.5 rifle my Dad built for me. You're hitting on the wrong sex. I'm female and date actual males, not pretend ones. Maybe you'll have better luck with your mother." So far she has shown excellent taste in boyfriends. We all shoot together.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Don't know your daughter but it looks like she takes after Dad. LOL BTW I sign up for SS this month. See everyone north in the summer. This if for V
    Last edited by Mike in tx; 10-17-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Clayton The mold came in for 457 340. Got to work this weekend and next week is full. Hopefully will be used before Halloween.

Good. I will be interested in more details about the mould and its bullets (alloy you choose, drop diameter, drop weight).

I will bite the bullet and get a club membership in Berlin/Milan this year so we can shoot there at our convenience if we can't go to the private range in Bethel ME due to my friend's unpredictable schedule. If you're going to be in the general area for a few days or even just an afternoon, that will give us more options. You will have a lot of different guns to try out.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

GunLoad Trainee

Hey guys was reading thru your threads and thought I would throw you a load that I worked for my Trapdoor sporting rifle. Montana laser cast 405 gr FN cast bullets, over a W-W wad and 38 grs by weight blackhorn 209 giving me just over 1600 FPS in my trapdoors 26 inch barrel but it really does a number on deer, 2 to be exact. But it's an easy shooting load much like black powder loads.
    Just swing up on the shoulder and let fly, it breaks the shoulders, yes both, and tears up the lungs, heart, and blood vessels that get in the way. It dies right where you shoot it and it doesn't tear up hardly any meat.
    SB

I was thinking of giving Blackhorn 209 a try in my ML, now you gave me a second reason to get some, thanks!
    ~Clayt

hunter at large

GunLoad Trainee

Nội dung rất thiết thực