Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Reloaders Reference Software

GunLoad Trainee

Default Reloaders' Reference Software

Hello all. It seems I have a problem with the installation of the latest version. I had the previous version 6.something-or-other. I had a problem with my computer and decided to upgrade to a new quad-core machine. Much faster than the old machine. Anyway, you can't just copy the program over from one machine to another and have it work right so I naturally decided to redownload and install the latest version. It seems like it expects to have the database files (MS-Access) running ina a particular folder (TEST1). I can't seem to find where I can tell the software to look for the database files in the default folder (Program Files\Reloaders Refernce). This seems like it would be an easy fix and something must have gone wrong with the install program. Maybe I should just delete and download and run the install again...?

Castpics and RR guy

The install defaults to c:\program files\reloaders reference on 32bit installs and c:\program files(x86)\reloaders reference on 64bit machines. It does give you a choice of changing the path in the installer. As for MSAccess, the path doesn't matter as it associates with the file type. It is typically installed to c:\program files\msoffice\12.0\Access for the 2007 version or 11.0 for the 2003 version. I'm not sure what the issue you are running into is, but you can copy the RR directory from the old computer and download the MSAccess 2007 Runtime from microsoft and install it. That will work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wiljen View Post
    Also, I'm debating the need for the manuals and targets. Those two items take up most of the space. What say you - keep em or lose em?
    How big would a load data only version be?

Thanks
    kg

Castpics and RR guy

the load only component is about 80meg and is posted

Thanks, Wiljen.

Castpics and RR guy

For those of you with Vista, I have posted instructions on how to fix a problem with the RRv9 install. Please read and follow these or RR will start in read-only mode and you will not be able to use most of the functions. This is not a problem with RR per say, but rather a change in the permissions on the program files directory made by Microsoft between XP and Vista that is causing problems.

The good news is, its a pretty simple fix.

GunLoad Trainee

I'm running Windows XP, have tried to download it three times, several versions, including apparently the latest. It wont run. It's trying to associate with a program to open it. Anything new? Suggestions?

Castpics and RR guy

Quote Originally Posted by coralcop View Post
    I'm running Windows XP, have tried to download it three times, several versions, including apparently the latest. It wont run. It's trying to associate with a program to open it. Anything new? Suggestions?
    Are you loading the access runtime or did you tell it you have access?

GunLoad Trainee

I didnt tell it I had access.

Castpics and RR guy

Try downloading the access runtime from MS (Link below) and run it and see if it still doesnt recognize the filetype. It sounds as if it did not get loaded.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en