Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Reloaders Reference Software

GunLoad Trainee

Hello Wilgen

I don't use windows as my operating system. I use Linux. I would like to help out and port your software project to linux. How can I go about doing this?

Misfire99

Castpics and RR guy

Quote Originally Posted by Misfire99 View Post
    Hello Wilgen

I don't use windows as my operating system. I use Linux. I would like to help out and port your software project to linux. How can I go about doing this?

Misfire99
    This has come up more than once and the simple answer is you can't. While the data is not windows dependant, the forms, reports, queries, etc that the end user gains access to the data through are. It could be rewritten in another programming language and compiled, but would still have to be recompiled for each platform. I would suggest looking at WINE, a windows emulator for linux, as it may allow you to run the windows version from a linux host. That would be my best guesstimate.

Wiljen

Castpics and RR guy

Default Version 7.62 release

I have posted version 7.62. The upgrade install for those of you with 6.35 is posted. The full version will be a set of 3 ISO images for burning to CD or opening with winrar.

New version has Norma and Rex data added and a few bug fixes. It also has quantity remaining added to inventory items to allow easier tracking.

Download Here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/
    Last edited by wiljen; 11-06-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Castpics and RR guy

Default Updates

I've also posted a light version without manuals and targets for those who wanted a smaller footprint and a copy of just the database files for those who wanted to run it with access installed or for those with older versions of windows. The database files should be usable with Access 2000 under windows 98.

GunLoad Trainee

Once again, thanks for this great tool.

Edit: Found two issues on installing the new update. 1. When running maintenance/upgrade 6.35, it brought up an error dialog, and on closing the dialog, it shut down the program (runtime error). 2. Cast bullet cost in reloading cost calculator still returns a null value ($999.00).

Also found lots of fixed bugs (selecting powder before charge weight doesn't cause a reloading cost crash now, for example). Thanks again for all your hard work.
    Last edited by fireflyfather; 11-08-2007 at 04:42 AM.

Castpics and RR guy

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyfather View Post
    Once again, thanks for this great tool.

Edit: Found two issues on installing the new update. 1. When running maintenance/upgrade 6.35, it brought up an error dialog, and on closing the dialog, it shut down the program (runtime error). 2. Cast bullet cost in reloading cost calculator still returns a null value ($999.00).

Also found lots of fixed bugs (selecting powder before charge weight doesn't cause a reloading cost crash now, for example). Thanks again for all your hard work.
    I'm looking into the runtime error on the update. The reloading cost calc I just double checked and it is working correctly. Are you entering Jacketed bullet and cast cost? When I open the form, enter brass, powder, primer, and cast cost only it is working as it should. I'm wondering if yours has not reset the form and has both jacketed and cast #s being used as the 999 is a placeholder for that situation. Try reseting the form and then just entering those fields and lets see how it behaves.

GunLoad Trainee

Am not entering anything into the jacketed bullet boxes. Tried resetting the form. Results are the same. I may install this software on another machine to eliminate a possibility of a single machine issue.

I have downloaded and installed every version of this
    there is. None will work! Run time errors?

Castpics and RR guy

Quote Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
    I have downloaded and installed every version of this
    there is. None will work! Run time errors?
    Sorry to hear that. The Access-runtime does seem to give some people fits. Especially those with vista or Windows ME it seems.

I am running Win XP Pro with no known problems.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Curt