Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloaders Reference Software

Private

Quote Originally Posted by wiljen View Post
    Reloaders' Reference V6 is on its way. I am posting it today so it will be up for download either tonight or tomorrow depending on how quickly it loads. This is a major overhaul/revamping of the program.

Changes

- revamped trajectory calculation with lower minimum velocities for the BP shooters.

- rebuilt database structure so that future forms changes will not alter user input inventory or load data.

- Added a BHN chart to the Alloy calc.

- Revamped the menu system for a cleaner look.

Additions

- Added and Inventory subsystem for firearms (with 2 pictures per arm), and components and a reloading cost calculator per user requests.

- Added printable targets (approx 70) (requires acrobat reader).

- Added Searchable and printable firearms manuals (Approx 650) (requires acrobat reader).

This is a major change to the system so an upgrade package is not provided. With the design changes it just wasn't practical to do an upgrade as it would replace the whole system anyway. The good news is, the will be the last full system upgrade. Between modularizing the database files and bulk insert procedures, future upgrades can be done only to the forms components without altering users data.

The package is now 1.5gig in size - yes its big (all those manuals take up space).
    I recommend acrobat reader 8 be used with this package although any version of acrobat 6 or newer should work.

The download of version 6 will be available from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/
    Well pard,I'm gonna D/L it.

It's good !
    Sounds like V.6 is going to be a winner !
    I have the others.
    Just keep collecting on good programs.Should have about 1 gig now.
    Some of those programs I've bought, were just a waste of money and time to order them.
    One good one,it's pricey,is "QuickLoad".
    Other one,is "Point Blank".
    Another thing I haven't seen with any programs, are the highs and lows of barrel lengths. With this, you wouldn't have to convert from a 4 3/4" barrel to an 18 to 32" barrel.And do a head-banger to figure it out.
    You have a good day pard !
    Last edited by 454shooter; 07-15-2007 at 08:42 AM.
    Never get caught with your pants down.
    Makes it hard to run.
    NAHC Life Member
    The old calibers and guns got the job done
    WARTHOG

Castpics and RR guy

It seems the DL size is causing problems for some. I am working on a version broken into 200 Megabyte chunks now. I have taken the massive file down and am posting the pieces instead. It will take some time to get all the pieces loaded, so please be patient.
    Last edited by wiljen; 07-15-2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: updated

Private

Quote Originally Posted by wiljen View Post
    It seems the DL size is causing problems for some. I am working on a version broken into 200 Megabyte chunks now. I have taken the massive file down and am posting the pieces instead. It will take some time to get all the pieces loaded, so please be patient.
    That ain't no problem.
    Makes it hard to run.
    NAHC Life Member
    WARTHOG

Private

Have a question for ya Wiljen.
    Did you upload RRV6.EXE ?
    Have all the parts.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by 454shooter; 07-16-2007 at 06:07 AM. Reason: changed question
    Makes it hard to run.
    NAHC Life Member
    WARTHOG

Castpics and RR guy

I left my ftp running last night as it took almost 7 hours to load it all. I had to approve the file this morning. The RRv6Install.exe file is now available.

Wiljen

Private

Got all the parts.
    Thank you for an outstanding job !
    Really appreciate it.
    Makes it hard to run.
    NAHC Life Member
    WARTHOG

Castpics and RR guy

Added a fix for installing to different drives or directories.

Castpics and RR guy

New version released today - new menus, linked tables fixed, reporting, and a backup tool.

For those of you with version 6 I posted an upgrade file. For those without, it is going up in 9 200mb pieces.

Question for wiljen or anyone else.

I downloaded all the version 6 files for the second time and just like the first try I have the same problem.

When I start to install, I get a message from ETRUST PEST PATROL that it detects the IAMBIGBROTHER pest. This is a key stroke pest used to collect personal information for the purpose of identity theft, or collect pass words, and credit card information to gain access to accounts.

Anyone else having the problem???? This has happened even when I used a mirror site for the second download try.

So far I can not install the program without getting this warning.
    WORK TO LIVE, LIVE TO HUNT
    SHOOT ONCE, KILL CLEAN, APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Castpics and RR guy

Quote Originally Posted by single shot View Post
    Question for wiljen or anyone else.

I downloaded all the version 6 files for the second time and just like the first try I have the same problem.

When I start to install, I get a message from ETRUST PEST PATROL that it detects the IAMBIGBROTHER pest. This is a key stroke pest used to collect personal information for the purpose of identity theft, or collect pass words, and credit card information to gain access to accounts.

Anyone else having the problem???? This has happened even when I used a mirror site for the second download try.

So far I can not install the program without getting this warning.
    I run CA AntiVirus and have scanned my development machine with both Norton's online scan and TrendMicro's Online scan and it found nothing. A little investigation revealed that IAMBIGBROTHER is a net nanny style program for spying on employees or monitoring children and can be found here:

http://www.iambigbrother.com/

I even took Norton's manual removal instructions and searched for the registry keys and files and found none of them. I believe this is a case of a false positive. I am not sure what Pest Patrol is finding, but I am confident that the package is virus free.

Wiljen