Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloaders Reference Software

Castpics and RR guy

Default Reloaders Reference Software

I normally hang out in the CB forum but thought it was appropriate to post this here.

I have been working for some time to create a reloading software package that was a complete reference to reloading data, and as complete a tool as possible for reloading related calculations and data. I believe I have succeeded. It now contains, 21000+ loads, Cast bullet loads, Factory ammo information, bullet information, Mold information, a trajectory and Maximum Point blank Range/Zero Calculator based on G1 drag functions, a powley calculator and Barsness Ballistic prediction calculations, a CC to grains reference for common cartridges/dippers etc,
    Shellholder and shellplate references, a cartridge dimension lookup, and an alloy calculator for casting. It also allows the user to add data or comments to the system.

Oh, and did I mention, my intention was to make it available free of charge for all non-commercial use. Thats right, use it, copy it and give it to friends, do as you wish - just don't sell it. This has been a labor of love for me and I will continue to work on it as time permits. Suggestions are always welcome.

If you are interested, it can be downloaded from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

It is about 55Mb and takes about 5-7 minutes (depending on machine speed) to install.

Wiljen
    Last edited by wiljen; 07-03-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Thumbs up

Good to see you over here Wiljen. I downloaded it this spring and have been using it ever since. It is really easy to use and is jampacked with al kinds of loads. I highly recommend it to all.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Thanks for your work.
    I downloaded an earlier stand-alone version from a public computer with a fast connection, but it is not clear to me now how the latest version works.
    Which brings me to the question: Could you possibly present it the way powder makers do (Adobe?), in less than 15Mb? Maybe in several files like cast/jacketed data and "other stuff"?

I understand you wanted to create a complete tool, and I guess that even the cast data would probably exceed 15Mb in Adobe... so I'm just asking... still mourning the old Alliant Table .

kg
    Last edited by kg42; 07-01-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Castpics and RR guy

I checked and converting the tables to acrobat is still 47meg, so not much of a savings I fear.

Could you re-post the URL, I dont see it anywhere.

Thank you for taking the time to do this, I'm a programming/web developer myself and was about to start hacking away at something like that to put online for the world to use...sounds like a really useful tool especially for a nerd like me who has his reloading bench and computer within viewing distance of each other.

Unhappy Downloaded file trouble

Hey Wiljen,

Do you have any idea why the downloaded file won't open ?
    The message is "the file containes invalid data". Whatever that means.
    What can I do to open it ?

thanks, Al

Castpics and RR guy

Cynical - sounds like the file got corrupted during download.

Sigma - working on revamping some features -will have it posted as soon as I'm satisfied that it is right.

Update - it is posted.
    Last edited by wiljen; 07-03-2007 at 01:01 AM.

Castpics and RR guy

Default New Home

Reloaders' Reference got a new home today and will be moving from its former download location. It is now available from:

I will be removing the files from the other site so all future downloads will be through sourceforge.

Wiljen

Castpics and RR guy

Posted new files - bug fixes mostly.

Castpics and RR guy

Default Major New Version Release

Reloaders' Reference V6 is on its way. I am posting it today so it will be up for download either tonight or tomorrow depending on how quickly it loads. This is a major overhaul/revamping of the program.

Changes

- revamped trajectory calculation with lower minimum velocities for the BP shooters.

- rebuilt database structure so that future forms changes will not alter user input inventory or load data.

- Added a BHN chart to the Alloy calc.

- Revamped the menu system for a cleaner look.

Additions

- Added and Inventory subsystem for firearms (with 2 pictures per arm), and components and a reloading cost calculator per user requests.

- Added printable targets (approx 70) (requires acrobat reader).

- Added Searchable and printable firearms manuals (Approx 650) (requires acrobat reader).

This is a major change to the system so an upgrade package is not provided. With the design changes it just wasn't practical to do an upgrade as it would replace the whole system anyway. The good news is, the will be the last full system upgrade. Between modularizing the database files and bulk insert procedures, future upgrades can be done only to the forms components without altering users data.

The package is now 1.5gig in size - yes its big (all those manuals take up space).
    I recommend acrobat reader 8 be used with this package although any version of acrobat 6 or newer should work.

The download of version 6 will be available from: