Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: guide for weights

Dave, the local "Used and Junk" store had a few cartoon books from an Australian author, depicting life in the Outback as Giles did in Britain about the local burbs. I couldn't help thinking about you and your spirit.

One of the captions featured a farmer with a black eye who made the mistake to be right in an argument with his wife....

An other was about two guys on a mountain road transporting loooong logs on a cart and says: "At least now we know what "cul-de-sac" means....."

The books also had a few serious chapters about The Fence, the Natives, bounty hunters, etc... I don't remember the author, of course....didn't think he might be on line...
    Last edited by kg42; 03-08-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Here is a more complete table: http://www.darkcanyon.net/loadsperpound.html

Default kg42

Raised in metric eh. My two sons wouldn't know a yard from a train station! Asked the youngest how long a foot was and he stretched his arms out across is chest and said, "Is this close"

Now me, I am a tweener. Think in C for temperature but think in miles, buy meat by the kilo but buy a pound of butter, buy gas by the litre but get 40 miles to the gallon and after spending 10 years in Eastern Canada now tell folks a town is 20 minutes away when asked how far the nearest town is.

Go Figure.

Just great, now we all know there are 7000 gr to a lb. so why do some companies sell powder in 12 oz containers?

Take Care

Bob
    Bob

If you are reading this, thank a teacher; if you are reading this in English thank a veteran.

[I]'m in the same boat as you Bob ! Man I can confuse myself ! I buy fuel by the litre & find myself converting it into gallons still ! I go to by a Tin of Powder & I still ask for a 1 pound tin (now 500gms)

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

It's funny to see that the "kids" are taught metric at school but only know avoirdupois and miles.... shows you where their minds are not

So, for Dave: 12 x 28.35 grams x 15.43 / (your load x .75) = nr of loads per pound if you buy hi-end powder in 12 oz cans .

As they are 9, 12 and 14 ounces cans around, does anybody need to know how to find the loads/cost per can and compare them to pounds? (roughly, they are 9/16, 12/16 and 14/16 the deal they would be if they were pounds).

GunLoad Trainee

Campbaker: put down the calculator and forget figguring out the cost per round, box, case ect. You'll only be dis-appointed in the results. Normaly a fellow can't reload ammo for less than factory cost. However we can enjoy making ourown custom loads to find the sweet spot for each of our guns. The factory boys can't do that. Nor can the enjoy hearing the clang of the steel when one of our bullets knocks over a chicken,pig, turkey or ram

GunLoad Trainee

Handies little progam here

http://joshmadison.com/software/convert/

James

Welcome to our two new members.
    birdhunters,
    With twenty rounds of premium rifle ammo now selling for $25-$50 and more, I can certainly reload for a lot less cost, even buying the very best bullets available. Although, with something like 9mm's or .38spec's and sale prices, you have a valid point. I cast for most of the chamberings I use, too, and that saves even more.
    jeh,
    Interesting find, and very handy.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775