Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you get to the range

When the weather cooperates I get out a couple of times a week. When it's cold enough to make my eyes water I usually sit at home by the fire. I have a range about 12 minutes from the house.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO

GunLoad Trainee

Talking How often do you get to the range

I have a 100 yard range on my land about 1/8 mile from the house. I usually get down to the range about 1 time per week.

Ballistic Mastermind

450yd range in my yard, everyday.

This is a good topic I've been wondering about...am I an obsessive compulsive shooter or am I just about right...

I try to hit the range about 3 times a week since I started reloading. My 40 Sigma is still tough to shoot so I try to run about 50 rounds a trip through it at ten yards...even started counting my score on 25 yd. competition targets and keeping track of my score from trip to trip. I'm starting to work on my others at 15 yards...hopefully the 40'll catch up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fireform View Post
    450yd range in my yard, everyday.
    Same here! exceped we only have a 100 yrds range (wanting to extend to 200 yrds)
    Blessings on ya
    BIC/Bs Jrx2

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

GunLoad Trainee

15 metre range on my place Plenty of feral pigeons! I try to get out every weekend either at the range or in the bush. If work gets a bit quiet I can get out to the local range - 500 metres. Range is only 10 minutes out of town. Some of the good things about living in a small town I guess.

Cyrille

In a good month I get to the range every weekend. This is a bad month----only twice, if I can get there tomorrow.

GunLoad Trainee

Not nearly enough, but will be fixin' that when the weather breaks-time to teach the 11 y/o to shoot the handguns.

Once a week for me. I really envy you guys who live were you can shoot I'm about 45 minutes drive from the range and gas is burning me up. The good news is that in Georgia you can darn near shoot all year long. The range I go to has a hundred two hundred yard benches. The only problem is that it's a public range and everyone has to be doing the same thing if someones shooting handguns noone can shoot rifles at the hundred bench.
    Nathan

Casting and reloading newbie

Try to make it once a week year round, if the temps are above 30 degrees, and below 80. It kind of crimps your time when is is down at the lower end and you hate to wear gloves, and on the high end when you hate to sweat. In the spring and early fall, try to get out a couple of times a week, and always book a couple of p-dog shoots for 2-3 days which to me is just like being at the range. If I had to guesstimate the number of times a year I am shooting and not counting it if I am hunting, would probably be in the ball park of 60 a year. Range is over 30 mi., so that crimps me a bit. If it were in the back yard, it would probably be 5 or so days a week if I could keep up with the reloading.
    1Shirt!