Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
...money comes hard for me.
You might want to consider just the standard Lee Turret Press as it is about $25 less than the Classic Turret Press. I've been using the Lee 4-hole Turret press and figure I have close to 60.0K rounds through it. It has been the best money I've ever spent but I do figure the Classic Lee Turret press has got to be as good. I was offered one of the first Classics' but said "no thanks"... I hate to ruin a good thing.

I reload 25 ACP, 218 Bee, 223 Rem, 30 Carbine, 30-30 Win, 30-30 AI, 300 Sav, 32 WS, 35 Rem, 356 Win, 375 Win, 44 Mag, 444 Marlin, 45 ACP, 45 LC, 45-70, and 450 Marlin with the press.

With the cartridges that have an OAL of 2.3", I use the Auto-Index to sequence the turret. I use the simple Auto-Disk to drop the powder on the pistol cartridges but I use the Adjustable Charge Bar so that I can drop any charge I desire. The press is quite capable of turning out the advertised 200 rounds an hour in this configuration. On my rifle cartridges, other than the straight-walled cases, I use the Pro Auto-Disk to drop the powder. With the higher capacity cases, I use the Double Disk kit with the upper disk being the Adjustable Charge Bar. It does an outstanding job. If the cartridge over all length is greater than 3" or if you don't want to use it, you can disengage the Auto-Index and rotate the turret manually. It takes about 3 seconds to disengage the Auto-Index.

The utility of having the dies on a turret plate cannot be appreciated until you are working with the press. There is simply zero time spent on adjusting dies. I have all the types of presses from a "C" frame up through the Load Master and by far the simple Turret has more utility than any of them and I would put the accuracy of the delivered round of ammunition against any.