Thread: Hunting in south Texas

Wink Hunting in south Texas

As some of you know, Clayton comes down in the winter to chase hogs with some sucess though not recently. It is a good time to be with friends and for me to catch up on sleep. We go to a ranch in Live Oak county that is owned by friends of ours. Next year we are going to hunt from my front yard. We are surrounded on 3 sides by a greenbelt. Well, last week I got home about 0800, stepped out of the truck, slammed the door and what a ruckus across the street. A female turkey was in the neighbor's tree and away it went. It still amazes me that turkeys can fly. Last Monday about 0530 I stepped out of the house and never looked to my right towards Steve's (one of the owners of the ranch we hunt on) and took 6 or 7 steps and something moved in the shadows. It was a young coyote that took off without haste and went through the yards. The mama's are getting ready to whelp and I think that the youngster had been kicked out of the greenbelt. Steve and I figure we might have better luck staying home, sleeping in and hunt the subdivision. LOL

Lets put a bunch of stuff in his truck and hunt over BAIT!
    ~Clayt

hunter at large

Bonjour monsieur. Spanish is not enough eh? If you do not say Bonjour in Paris you will not be liked or treated with respect. Not joking. I love Paris.