Thread: Weird .45 ACP brass, or...

Question Weird .45 ACP brass, or...

...maybe cleaning primer pockets is not such a bad thing. I was cleaning the primer pockets on a bunch of .45 brass I had scrounged, yes, I'll admit that I was VERY bored, and came across 14 funky Speer cases with small primer pockets!?? As I hand prime with a Hornady, I'm fairly certain I would have figured it out before anything nasty happened, but it might wreak havoc on somebody's Dillon. Another lesson learned, inspect everything!!!

Anybody got any info on why? I assume it was probably for target shooting or something to that effect. Just wondering...

-Klaus

After the WIN NT (non toxico lead free i think).... we've got to watch the Speer.... which is the Blount family including CCI and Federal.....

They would simplify the life of someone whose only LP caliber is the 45 though; and I can think of a couple of guys who are not too careful about checking whose brass they are picking on the range too

kg