Thread: Re: Heart Shot Photos

Default Re: Heart Shot Photos

Re: Heart Shot Photos

Not too many folks (including most hunters) are willing to freely admit that being the apex predator is “fun” and fundamentally satisfying at a level normally not touched upon during our everyday lives. It has been hard wired into our make up for thousands of years and only more recently suppressed by society. If we were not such successful predators, Cro-Magnon man would still be the dominant hominid walking the earth.

Our civilization blanches (as it rightly should) at the gore of mangled organs and flesh. If it did not, we would not be living within a civilization per say but more a violence dominated plane where every conflict, both major and minor, would be sorted out by death-dealing blows resulting in piles of carcasses over debates regarding who should have the best parking spot at the grocery store.

On the one hand, I too am hesitant to ingest a photo diet of severed and bloody limbs, organs and bodies. (Hopefully, that means I am at least somewhat civilized too.)
    One the other hand, I understand all of that destruction goes hand in hand with one of my passions in life…hunting.

Perhaps the overriding reason (beyond my underlying revulsion to guts…I just can’t seem to keep that civilized guy at bay) for my not participating in these displays of mutilation is my hope of converting another non-hunter to my way of life. No one can persuade me that photographic works such as these (livers perforated with 375 H&H caliber bullets are also quite dramatic) can aid our cause in the promotion of the hunting sports to the uninitiated.

My suggestion is for all of our benefit:
    If you must make photo records of the brutal reality of hunting, please keep them private. At the very minimum, keep them for display to your fellow non-closeted apex predator friends. I envision them now, pointed teeth, drooling at their mouths, beating clubs on the ground and grunting around a campfire jostling for the best position for the first piece of roasting heart.
    Don’t post them to Facebook or some other web-site so they can be used as anti-hunting propaganda by hairy women with tattoos and pierced bodies.

Speaking of hairy women with tattoos and pierced bodies…Wasn’t there a time when those were the very girls who were the most proud of our hunting successes?

My, how times have changed!
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter can not be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Col. Jeff Cooper

at another site ( where i usually hang my hat ) they have a open thread about 'yotes ... yes complete with fotos , i happened upon the shot of a lifetime a couple years back , the foto's were too good not to share but i couldnt post them in public as fuel for the anti's ( anti hunters and anti gunners ) thankfully we do have a private forum there and i did share a couple - complete with required warnings , usually when i do take foto's i try to do it tastefully , yet i know that many never even consider these other aspects
    sadly the human as a creature is drawn to train wrecks and gore ( ever see a bloody accident without slowed down rubber neckers ? ) even the anti's do it tho they detest to admit it ( ie; like a moth drawn to a flame )

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    at another site ( where i usually hang my hat ) they have a open thread about 'yotes ... yes complete with fotos , i happened upon the shot of a lifetime a couple years back , the foto's were too good not to share but i couldnt post them in public as fuel for the anti's ( anti hunters and anti gunners ) thankfully we do have a private forum there and i did share a couple - complete with required warnings , usually when i do take foto's i try to do it tastefully , yet i know that many never even consider these other aspects
    sadly the human as a creature is drawn to train wrecks and gore ( ever see a bloody accident without slowed down rubber neckers ? ) even the anti's do it tho they detest to admit it ( ie; like a moth drawn to a flame )

I haven't hunted in years, but I'm getting the itch again. Just curious from your first line, what is the "another site"? Just curious. If you don't mind...if you want to keep it private, shoot me a PM. Wanting to do some hog hunting, and "yotes" are becoming more of a problem here in NC. Thanks, Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by tsp45acp View Post
    I haven't hunted in years, but I'm getting the itch again. Just curious from your first line, what is the "another site"? Just curious. If you don't mind...if you want to keep it private, shoot me a PM. Wanting to do some hog hunting, and "yotes" are becoming more of a problem here in NC. Thanks, Tracy
    hola tracy ! umm it's no secret per say but another site would obviously be any other one than this one

the site isnt a secret but you wont be able to see the thread and fotos i posted there unless you've been a member there for some time ( as stated before they're not for public consumption ) i cant find the link to the thread i was referring to other than the one you couldnt see but it's somewhere in this forum
    http://www.handloadersbench.com/forum59/
    to be fair there's a few in there and that's why i couldnt easily find it [shrugz] coyotes can/are a problem many places and if not checked can become worse than a problem - they've been known to attack humans but they are part of a balance in nature ( i wont go into how mankind tends to mess up even when with the best of intentions )

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    hola tracy ! umm it's no secret per say but another site would obviously be any other one than this one

the site isnt a secret but you wont be able to see the thread and fotos i posted there unless you've been a member there for some time ( as stated before they're not for public consumption ) i cant find the link to the thread i was referring to other than the one you couldnt see but it's somewhere in this forum
    http://www.handloadersbench.com/forum59/
    to be fair there's a few in there and that's why i couldnt easily find it [shrugz] coyotes can/are a problem many places and if not checked can become worse than a problem - they've been known to attack humans but they are part of a balance in nature ( i wont go into how mankind tends to mess up even when with the best of intentions )

Actually joined there a while ago, just never posted there......1st post tonight. Thanks for reminding me of another reloading site. Tracy