Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It must be summer

Default It must be summer

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1567597

What ever happened to all of our "Global Warming?". The damned scientists had better duke it out todecide if I am warm or cold. I (fool that I am) always thought that ice meant it was cold out. Yaktrax again today. Last week I really thought that spring was here. It is even too cold for political posts. Boy I wish I could take a ten million dollar vacation (someplace warm) like Michelle. I would be happier I bet.

j1, they are claiming the cold weather down here is due to the warm weather in alaska.

Yep, that has to be it...

BB

Last year when we were in Alaska we were told that it was very dry and warm. A O K with me. I had a Gore Tex rain jacket and recall wearing it only once.

They are calling for a cooler than normal summer this year here in North Missouri............

Summer, you used the magic word. Thank you, sir.

We never had much of a winter here. It only snowed in the valley three times. Looks like a long summer for me with the fire crews again. Oh well it keeps me in shape lol

You need snow? Send up a fleet of refrigerated semis and you can have all the dang snow you want. I could fill a half dozen easy with what's on top of my garden alone. Patented Guaranteed Yankee Deer Tracking Aid, just spread it around and it will show you game trails, etc. Temps above freezing voids the warranty though, so you gotta be quick if you use it in warm weather. You can't beat the price.....
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Vers, in our basin (above us) the snow depth at this time of year should be 250 inches and it stands at around 35. Certain areas here get 400 to 500 inches of snow a year. We truly understand snow. It is needed for the runoff to the streams and rivers which supply water to the valley farms later. Without it the price of hay and alfalfa go thru the roof like it did a couple years ago here. Some alfalfa was fetching 350 dollars a ton and more. Send us the snow in January thru March and we are happy.

I hear that. This is a below average year for us snow-wise, but we're not going to be in dire straights unless the spring is a really dry one. Much of what should have been snow fell as rain and just rolled off the frozen ground, so it couldn't soak in and add to the groundwater. Most of what's on the ground has fallen in the last few weeks. And now that there is finally enough snow to ski on I'm sidelined, so I've got plenty of snow to spare if anyone wants to haul some.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775