Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attention RLB Gypsies

Default Attention RLB Gypsies

The RLB Beta site has now been elevated to Permanent Refugee Camp status
    Last edited by DrHenley; 03-05-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    "I often wonder if the world is being run by smart people who put us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it" - Mark Twain

No Doc, I'm not buying it. Sorry, but I do not plan to join the new site. While my reason may not be a problem for many, it is more than enough for me. After reading the terms of use when I checked out your "new RLB site" weeks ago when it was first set up, I discovered that (just like at YUKU) everything posted (that includes photos) becomes the property of the site's owners and I would need their permission to publish elsewhere anything I might post. (My lawyer looked it over and agreed with me 100%.) That makes it completely unacceptable for me. FWIW there are a number of other popular firearms forums with similar terms of use, and I do not join them either. I was warned to always read the rules carefully before joining any forum. I signed onto pre-YUKU knowing that, and figured if I was careful about what I posted I could put up with it until we found a decent home. I think we have found a good one here. I do not consider this site to be another "bomb shelter". I consider it to be a welcome and suitable home for us. Obviously you do not.

Here at all three GunLoads forums (just like at Greg's original RLB site and several others) the individual posters retain full rights to what they post. Unlike many of you, I write for a living. Much of what I post on various forums is/will be published elsewhere when and as I see fit. I will ask NO ONE for PERMISSION TO USE MY OWN WORK. This is an issue I will neither debate nor compromise on, never have, never will.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

I'll be hanging out over here. I am not a fan of free forums and their baggage either. Hopefully we can resurrect this forum and move forward instead of creating more forums for people to share less and less of their time reading.

Hellrazor I think a fair start to improving the usage of this forum has started.

Yep, I kind of like it here too and the guys I really liked conversing with are here. Wasn't that the original goal to find a place we could call home? The only one missing is Greg and he was Mia from rlb anyways...

BB

Beautiful Downtown South Carolina Where the Frenchies all hang out

I joined both sites
    I don't write like Versifier does so to me it's no big deal
    I just want to stay in touch with as many people as I can that I've met on the RLB
    I'm glad a lot of us are visiting both sites
    I'll continue to do the same
    Camper at RLB Fest 2006,2007,2008,2009,2010 and 2012
    Hosted 2011 in New Hampsha ya I did
    Proud owner of a 264RLB #4

I am also going to visit both sites. I like the folks at both of them. Besides, nobody wants to buy what I write anyway LOL

I currently visit three sites. No big thing for me as my writing will never be used commercially.
    Last edited by j1; 10-09-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKid View Post
    I don't write like Versifier does so to me it's no big deal
    "I don't shoot so to me it's no big deal"
    "When I have your wounded."
    -Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing an order to leave a hot L.Z., July 1, 1964, moments before being killed by a single shot.

There are a lot of folks I really don't want to lose touch with either, and aside from the "free forums" issue we don't need a mod who throws hissy fits. But at least it's now clear exactly where the problem is and I can simply avoid it while still having a nice place here for all who want to come. They all know we're here, that they're welcome, and we're easy to find.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775