Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock problems

In gunstores watch the lack of proper gun safety often exhibited by salespeople AND customers.

You can like the U S army or hate the army but they knew proper range safety. Shame that they told me to chew on a cleaning patch and stick it in my ear while shooting big bore rifle. Now every new recruit is fitted for ear plugs.
    Last edited by j1; 02-28-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Wanted an excellent and safe holster for a Glock model 27.

Got a Galco. It seems pretty good so far. I stll like revolvers better. Now if I could only find one with a lock built right in. If I do not get shot in a gun store I may live a long time. Heck I already lived a long time. Think of all my horses and dogs I outlived. Wowser.
    Last edited by j1; 03-10-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j1 View Post
    In gunstores watch the lack of proper gun safety often exhibited by salespeople AND customers.
    Yea that is always interesting.

I walked out of a shop when the guy behind the counter pulled a semi from the case, didn't open the action and handed it to me muzzle first. I wasn't happy and he knew it quickly.

I told some moron I would shove the rifle up his ass if he pointed towards me or anyone else to look through the scope again. He was standing behind people and looking through the scope while pointing it at the back of their head. He started to argue about it and the owner threw him out of the store.

Another thing which makes me nervous is going to the public range. Good place to get shot. The world unfortunately is FULL of fools. Usually I shoot alone or with company here on the farm. No fools here but me, and I know and like me.

Heck my local gun shop offered me $300 yesterday.

My father died without getting senile. May he R I P. I hope I never get senile also. I am here to learn and like to learn. The S & W model 60 is my buddy. I know it well. Gotta make the Glock my buddy too. Your buddy would never shoot you in the leg.

Glocks are good guns. Light powerful enough capacity no damned safety and no built in lock. The 27 is great. Mine is made out of solid plastic too. Nothing to rust like on those damned Smith & Wessons. Are you having fun yet? I am. Lots of ice melted and got chopped. Gonna do some shooting before it snows again.

Hey v that's not a 1939 is it?

We have a gun store in Grand Junction, about an hour and a half away from me where a clerk got shot. Seems clerk was on phone and customer brought in a 243 that he wanted to trade. He touched off a shot and it hit the clerk in the gut. He survived but has been very sick with it for over a year.

At least the owner of my LGS almost jumped on me when I showd my Glock. Iremoved the magazine which was unloaded and he took my pistol and racked the slide several times before handing it back to me along with the Galco holster I was buying. By the way I informed him that I was carrying and was going to draw my pistol. He has to err on the side of safety. Good for him, and me too. The Galco seems nice so far.

Well I have been carrying for about two weeks and I can see how shooting yourself in the leg is easily done with the Glock. I (after reading some info on the experiences of the Washington police department and comment by Doc Henley) can visualize the accident occurring. Extreme care in holstering is required.
    Last edited by j1; 03-16-2014 at 01:09 PM.