Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DrHenley here

Quote Originally Posted by j1 View Post
    Doc you are not showing people that little tiny cartridge Greg sent me are you? That thing is clearly not big enough to kill a deer.
    J1. Yes, it is that tiny little cartridge, and yes it is more than powerful enough to kill a deer. Looks are deceiving, especially with this cartridge:
    Name:  small-round.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  68.1 KB
    Last edited by DrHenley; 03-02-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    "I often wonder if the world is being run by smart people who put us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it" - Mark Twain

Did you put water in the bucket first, and did you hand him toilet paper or the sunday times?

Doc to appreciate the cartridge you have to hold one in your hands. Greg sent me four dummy cartridges but I gave one to chuckslayer from the old board when he came over to shoot. Nice guy. Shoots a lot of woodchucks.
    Last edited by j1; 03-13-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Doc it appears similar to the 300 Blackout and probably close in ballistics?

I believe it is closest balistically to the 6.5x54 Mannlicher/Schoenaur, just a hair slower. The Blackout/Whisper isn't even up to near the level of the .30-30. A 300yd killer as opposed to 100yds.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

NRA Distinguished Life Kirbydoc's Avatar

Vers, if I remember correctly one of the first ones to shoot deer took two does with their first shot at deer. Don't remember the distance but I believe it was over 200 yards.

Make sure that you put a little coal in the bucket before handing it to him. He might have thought that you were crude. Did you hand him T P too?

Doc I have three left but will not give any more away. Selfish? Perhaps but Greg sent four to me a very long time ago. It is still hard to believe the potency of the round. Now why do I find it hard to believe? Do you believe me when I tell you that I killed a doe with my Hornet? Right through the eye. She never even kicked. Young doe which have not run but died instantly are the best eating.
    Last edited by j1; 03-27-2014 at 08:19 PM.