Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new here

Oh ya, handguns too......357 mag, 38spl, 44 black powder, 41 black powder, 22 ruger mark II. I enjoy shooting my handguns but I don't reload for them.
    ******Join the Magnum Gang******

GunLoad Trainee

Hi gooser and welcome. I'm new to this forum too, but have really enjoyed being here. Gonna stick around a while. You really gotta look into reloading for the handguns. Shooting them will move into a new dimension - you can shoot cheaper, with loads that are not readily available (or at all), in greater volume, and can tailor the load to the specific firearm. This makes sweet music at the range and can only enhance your experiences in shooting. I got married in 1970 and got my first press (RCBS JR) that same year. Liked both hobbies and am still busy with both. Had to buy cast boolits for the first 3 years, then bought a used Lyman pot, several molds and a sizer all in a package. Have been casting pistol boolits since then. In spite of all that time casting and shooting, this site ahs advanced my knowledge and skills a couple of notches above where I was even a year ago. A note of caution - beware of the Group Buys! A guy can go broke real fast by lusting over those offerings. Glad to have you here.

G'day Thin Man, welcome to the site.

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

ok

I'm new at this. Do a bit of loading in 375 mag. bit long in wot teeth I have left,and bones creak. Still manage to get out and creep around.mostly rain forest and alpine.Here Reds, Chamois,and Tahr.Duck and geese.

Quote Originally Posted by ancestor
    I'm new at this. Do a bit of loading in 375 mag. bit long in wot teeth I have left,and bones creak. Still manage to get out and creep around.mostly rain forest and alpine.Here Reds, Chamois,and Tahr.Duck and geese.
    G'day Mate ! I'm across the Creek from you in South Australia ! Good to see a Kiwi on site ! I know where your comming from with the creaking bones ! But hey us Old Blokes are like a good wine ......we've matured with age ! You from the North or from the South Island?

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

ok

South Island west coast. Have hunted over lot of N.Z.
    Great to meet keep the old bones a creaking and the eye sharp

Talking Welcome to all

Here passing for a few days and some new guys. Well welcome to all.
    " Free Men" do not ask permission to bear arms.

Dave I can't seem to catch anybody up on the chat. I left it on almost all day and I heard nobody. I am doing something wrong, I am sure. Oh well that's me to a tee. I take my meds and I am in my own little world.
    " Free Men" do not ask permission to bear arms.

A warm welcome to all new members! Enjoy your stay and dont be afraid to participate!

ok

Cool White tail

Have been down to Stewart Is, at the bottom of N.Z. White tail deer were liberated by some forward thiking people probably 100 years ago. Any how it was blowing 50 knots+horizontal rain couldnot get inflatable ashore had to watch the little blighters eating seaweed on the shore.Is this normal for these fellows or is it a bad habit they have picked up overhere: