Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: new here

Graham- I'm not familiar with the ADI powders, so I'm not sure how hot you're loading, however your game plan sounds about right. I shoot an H&H also and I have some Federal brass that is on the 10th loading and no problems so far. Of course the last four have been cast loads as I am trying to find something that won't aggravate the bulged disk in my neck. Mine is a Win Mod 70, Classic stainless, (nearly a necessity up here). Anyway if you decide to go cast try an NEI .375-304-GC, I bought a couple hundred from Bullshop on the other forum and my rifle loves them. Right now I'm trying to find the recoil level that my neck can stand vs. accuracy vs. enough energy for a brown bear. Once I get it all wrung out and dialed in I'll be sure to post the results. Take care

-Klaus

ADI AR2206H = H4895
    AR2208 = Varget
    AR2209 = H4350
    AR2213SC = H4831
    AR2217 =H1000
    AR2219 =H322
    AR2225 =Retumbo

This is a comparisson of ADI to Hogodon Powers as a lot of Hogodon powders are manufactured in Aust for Hdgodon now

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

ok

Default 375 loading

Klaus, I have not considered reduced loads,mainly use her for the occaisonal wander thru the bush. I find I can shoot about 10 loads off the bench before i start getting knocked about and the flinch arrives.However I have found prolonged shooting is not so good for the scope,I have had 2 scopes come apart inside. Do not feel at all any discomfort shooting at animals in the bush and it sure puts them down. Getting components down here is not easy. I am using Hornady 270 grn and 300grn bullets, graham