Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clayt from the ol' Reload Bench forum

Default Clayt from the ol' Reload Bench forum

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm "Clayt" from the old (now defunct) reload bench forum.

Nice place y'all got here!

~Clayt

Welcome home my friend. It is my hope that many more of our members from the old RLB can also find their way here to RLG. Things have been slow here for quite a while, but the lights are on and the welcome mat is on the front step.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

I'll email an invite to BB, DPT, MikeinTX, Elkhunter and see who shows up

~Clayt

I signed up. Hope I did it right. Thanks guys for inviting me. Mark

You sure did. Welcome, Mark, to RLG, aka "The Guide". I think you'll like it here. I have been here almost ten years, the last five as one of the mods. Fryboy, my counterpart, and I mostly keep on top of the spammers. Make yourself at home.
    "Stand your ground.

To my friends and fellow RLB refugees, this is how things have been working here:

Like the old RLB, this is a site where everyone treats each other with civility at all times, especially when opinions differ. Political posts including reports of gun-related legislation and general news go next door on GunLoads in the general interest section. To join the GL forum you need to be approved just like the Bombshelter, not so here at present. Any flagrantly religious posts (pro OR con) are not allowed and will be deleted as discovered. (I am not talking about keeping a friend in one's prayers when things get tough, who you pray to is your own business, but rather open proselytizing or flagrant bigotry. This is a firearms forum.) If anyone posts a personal attack on another member here, the mods will ask nicely (usually in a Private Message) that the poster delete it. If not or if it is repeated, that's about the only reason (except for spamming) that anyone has ever been banned. Members always get the benefit of the doubt and a chance to make things right, spammers do not.

This is a place to share our common interests, not to argue over our differences on anything but our preferred components.

While I am not personally opposed to the use of expletives in text, there are those members here that may be offended if it gets excessive, so please try to be creative and humorous as opposed to crude and graphic whenever possible. (I was able to tell a pushy attorney in Superior Court to "Go ye forth and multiply!" instead of what I really wanted to say without offending the rules of court decorum, though the judge did spit out a mouthful of water laughing. Think about it.)

Currently there is no "Off Topic" section. I had found on a different site that it caused big problems when the mods did not feel that the forum rules applied to them. The one on the old RLB worked well until Greg lost interest, then the same problems appeared. It was getting out of hand on the "Bombshelter" without moderation and that will not happen here. If there is strong interest (as I suspect there will be as RLB was a very social site) I will consult with the powers that be and if they agree will see what can be done. They have tried to get me to agree to it before, maybe the time has come. Feel free to make suggestions.
    "Stand your ground.

hola amigos !
    and welcome to the guide ! versifier is correct, mostly we try to keep the spammers down , so a fair warning may be in order , altho common sense if one gets by us ( or before we get to it ) please do not click any link they may have nor go to their supposed "home page" , safety pays in most aspects , be it reloading or surfing , speaking of spammers ... if one gets by us or even before we get to it please PM the mods if/as necessary, we'll take care of them as soon as we log on

Three new guys in one shot!! Good to hear new stories.
    Howdy from Central Alberta.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

Beautiful Downtown South Carolina Where the Frenchies all hang out

Hey all
    Frenchie of the South here also known as SkyKid from the old defunct RLB

Another friend safe. Welcome Mark, welcome home.
    "Stand your ground.