Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7x57IMP Contender

GunLoad Trainee

Things are progressing...

I believe the 'smith and his new partner are going to come good!

I just have to be patience.

When the dust settles, I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Last edited by ursus; 06-16-2006 at 07:38 PM.

GunLoad Trainee

Gentlemen,

About a month ago I started a thread concerning a 7x57 Contender. I was told it was unsafe. With the help of several forum members, I was able to contact Kim M, the gunsmiths' business partner.

Kim has gone out of his way to make things right. I have always wanted a 309JDJ; I found one on eBay. Kim joined eBay, bid and won the barrel/dies/brass. After an adventure in the Postal Service(shipped to the wrong address), the barrel arrived yesterday. It's just what I wanted!

Kim has been in constant communication through emails working things out. As far as I am concerned Kim has fixed my problem! I am impressed with his professionalism and integrity in this matter. With this level of customer service, his new business should do well.

Thank you Kim.

I want to thank the forum members for their advice and guidance in this matter.

Bob

That's good news, it's nice to hear that kind of happy ending once in a while .
    I'd like to hear from that 309JDJ too when you start getting results with it.

I wonder how Kim feels about the "smith" he got to partner with.
    It is amazing to meet so many gunsmiths with a diploma who don't have any clue or common sense out of the specialty they graduated with, or any ability to learn; but then it is the same in most fields now...

kg

Excellent news, Ursus. I'm glad everything worked out for you so well. I am also interested in what kind of results you get with the .309. It's an interesting concept and I bet it's everything we only wish the .30-30 and .30 Herrett could be in a handgun. It sounds to me like an easier alternative to finding .307 brass and basicallly identical performance-wise in the short barrel.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775