Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 45-70 loads

GunLoad Trainee

Talking 45-70 loads

The best cast load I found so far with my Marlin 45-70 is 40 grains of IMR 4198 under a 420 grain GC cast bullet.
    This load clocked in at 1706 and Winchester LR primers were used.

My fav & my Marlins is a 405 cast being pushed along with 28gns of 4198 & a winchester case & large rifle primer of the same breed! I also for lighter game like a 300 gn cast with a load of 31gns of 4227 with the same case primer combo !

Welcome to the site as well great to see you over here

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

GunLoad Trainee

Thanks Dave, I wish I had all your hunting opportunities and I'm glad you take the time to post your funny stories and the hunting ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by 303carbine
    Thanks Dave, I wish I had all your hunting opportunities and I'm glad you take the time to post your funny stories and the hunting ones too.
    Belive it or not this is how, I keep what little sanity I have left ! I broke my own record last night haveing shot 2.7 tonne of Roos (80 with two trips to the Chiller to unload ) Today I can hardly move as I'm so sore & sorry for myself! THe missus went into town this morning in my work Toyota & had a major run in with some tourists who made the fatal mistake of saying to their kids ....."Look there's one of those Horrible people who kill Kangaroos !!!!!" & people who have rifles hanging in the back of their vehicle should be arrested!!!! Well the Wife apparently took offense to this & gave them what for! Using profanities with the skill that a painter uses oils! Now this was funny until I went into town this afternoon & the Local Copper asked me to lay off the tourists (having thought this was me that had gone off the deep end at the people ) Yeah I like these forums I don't tend to get into any strife !

Dave

Hi Dave

Well it sounds to me like your wife is a keeper. Standing up for her man isn't all bad. I might have told the copper to mind his own business but then that is just me. Trust your wife told the tourists to do the same.

My Oilers lost in overtime to Detroit last night so I am in a funk today. Catch up to you on the week-end. Had an interesting week at the range to be sure, what with my Kaboom and all.

Take Care

GunLoad Trainee

Default roo shooter

If there is a tourist season, are they open all year round??? Anyways Dave the wife did good and people should mind their own damn biz.
    Hey Canuck44, do you know Riflechair on gunnutz?? He is up in your neck of the woods in Thornhill, I think he is a Ranger.

Up the same alley, we have a popular tshirt around here that says "Why do they call it tourist season if we're not allowed to shoot them?" Wear it with a camo hat and they keep their mouths shut and don't bother you at all.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

I played with the Idea years ago of applying for Tags to cull out Tourists all year round & sell the skins as"Wet suits" to Divers & Water skiers & the like ! Differant sizes & colours ! But I worked out that for the Financial return it was too labour intensive! So I'm just waiting for a culling contract to come up

Dave

Default 303carbine

Riflechair - yea good fellow. Thornhill is across the river from Terrace. We shoot at the same range of course. He looks after the rifle range, hence his handle. Keep telling him I am going to buy a .303 #4 Mke 1 Longbranch and show him what a gun like that will do but I have to get a Tanfoglio "L" model first. There is a JUngle Carbine on the forum right now that should be mine but it will have to wait until I have my new pistol in my hands as well.

Take Care

Oilers 4 Red Wings 2 - the Universe is back in plain.
    Bob

If you are reading this, thank a teacher; if you are reading this in English thank a veteran.

GunLoad Trainee

Default riflechair

I have done lots of buying and swappin' with Richard on gunnutz...........