Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Honey ? how would you feel about having .......

Default Hey Honey ? how would you feel about having .......

I could be in a world of pain when the Cook finds out But I happened to drop in at a mates engineering yard today for a chat & borrow a Harmonic balencer puller (front oil seals you've got to love em!) There was the normal group that meet there ,as well as Manager from a Proccessing Plant for Roos (as my Mate has their Chiller in his yard ) The Manager asked me who I was selling to at the moment ? So I told him & also told him the price I'm being paid ! He made me a offer of shooting for them as well as the other company ! I laughed at him & told him that he could never better the price I get & to my supprise he replied the Price that he was able to go to ! (basicly the same ) I laughed & told him that he'd have to do better than that ! So he offered me the Chiller out at our place ! Now at the moment when shooting roos I have to travel 60mile out of my way to drop my Roos off at a chiller & his offerd me one right at my back door (he will pay the moving & all power costs )
    Now all I have to do is break the news to the wife that we're about to have a 30x10 chiler put round the side of the house !!!!

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Dave when she sees the extra coin flowing into the cookie jar she will soon get used to it. LOL Sounds like your trip to the garage paid off.

Check with you here tomorrow about 7:15 PDT

Take Care

Well I took the cowards way out & did'nt tell the Cook about the chiller! I was awoken this morning to a very irate wife explaining to me that a very large truck was out the Back placeing a very large Chiller in place ! Was there something I'd forgottern to tell her?????????? All is well though .......None of the bruises she inflicted will show in public

I'm flat out at the moment Canuck ! But will try & catch up towards the end of the week (I'm doing paper work for the tax department .....Got to love GST)

Dave

GunLoad Trainee

Please excuse my ignorance.

"Roos" are Kangaroos, right? I can see shooting them, but are they edible? Never heard that before. If not edible, why are you chilling the darn things? So the meat doesn't go bad before you feed it to your "Roo" dogs? Do "Roo" dogs simply pursue - or do they catch 'em on the bounce?

The worst of it is that you seem to be freely communicating with someone in Canada. There must be some sort of commonality. Arctic "Roos" belabored by Labradors? Or is it that Canadians are particularly conversant with Chillers?

Despite appearences, I really do want to know.

Jim,
    I'm sure Dave will chime in when he gets a chance to, but first you need to expand your vocabulary a bit. In OZ, a "shooter" is what we would call a professional hunter. Dave's job is helping to control populations of Kangaroos, feral camels, rabbits, goats, foxes, and Asian buffalo, too, but I'm not sure if they still need controlling, and I may have missed a few species, most of which were introduced there by the well intentioned and now cause all kinds of problems. Most of it gets cleaned and "chilled" (frozen, I think, but keep in mind that I speak Yankee and may not have understood correctly ) and sold to pet food makers.
    In point of fact, I doubt if we were all put in the same room that we could understand much of what the others were talking about without the aid of interpreters. Isn't the net a trip?!!! I have friends with similar interests in all corners of the world and I don't have to leave my living room to visit.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

jim Canada and Australia were both in the British Commonwealth so that automatically make us bilingual. Since we have French in Canada some of us are multilingual. Now when you get into that it gets really confussing.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

We have a lot of confusion here in the US, just try to talk to a New Yorker with a Texas accent, or a Cajun, or a Mexican, Hatian, or someone from the British Isles. When I moved back to Texas from South Louisianna I thought I'd moved back to the USA. I worked with a couple from England for 4 years. When I was at Ft. Sill we had some guys from NYC who entertained themselves by listening to me talk. They should have heard someone with a real twang. Shucks, y'all recon ya git what I 'm atryin to say? Shoot far, some of them o'l boys cain't hardly make no sense. Comprende Amigo? What say Sha, no? I don't know, ask the Gaffer.No Mon! I gotta stop, my heads spinnin. Dale

GunLoad Trainee

OK - I think I misunderstand it now. Dave gets $PAID$ to shoot animals. That's a great gig - makes me want to practise standing on my head. Heck, I'll shoot at 'em for free! Might not hit any of the bouncin' bejabbers but it's gotta be fun. And camels too? What about wannabies? Great practice for the troops - and a lot cheaper......

Gay Fellas ! Just back from a Profitable Trip up North ! Jim. Over Here we shoot Kangaroos for both Human Export & Pet food . The Human consumption laws came into being in 2000,& of course brought with them new laws & regulations .I belong to a Dieing Profession I'm afraid as people like me make our only income from hunting .The Roo industry is worth 13million a year in exports & I'm not sure what the Hide & local consumption levels are at these days .Camels are in the same category! Though the average Hunter let alone normal Hunter Australian will probably never see one in the wild although there is a estimated 3million of them in the wild ! Most of Australia's population is on the coastal regions with the interior being Desert ! There is talk of Gov Culling at the moment & most of us with any experience with camel are watching with interest ! As it'll be money for jam as it were ! !
    In the late 60's early 70s I shot Water Buff for Pet food but the Gov culled them out & destroyed the industry ! Now people are willing to pay thousands to shoot one ! (more money than sense if you ask me )

Dave

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by d-o-k View Post
    Gay Fellas ! Just back from a Profitable Trip up North ! Jim. Over Here we shoot Kangaroos for both Human Export & Pet food . The Human consumption laws came into being in 2000,& of course brought with them new laws & regulations .............

Dave
    Dave,

To where is the meat exported? Haven't seen any over here (yet). Have you ever had any? Gotta be big hams on 'em - but maybe tough? Interesting.

Jim