Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xr100

GunLoad Trainee

Default Xr100

Since I am one of the first posters, I will submit a question; How many shooters have been able to get access to one of these in .204, .223, or .22/250? I have the .204 Ruger, so far it is OK, it shoots very good, but will do no better, group size that is, than the Ruger 77 VMT in .204. Can't knock the Ruger, they have finally got a good barrel.

Any .20 Tactical shooters? Any comparison between the Tact and .204 Ruger?

Bill

GunLoad Trainee

Thumbs up

Im shooting a 20 Tactical in a 14" On Target Tech. tube
    Really loving it!

Here is a picture of a 3 shot group I shot Monday with H322 and 32 grn Blitzkings at about 3175 fps
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...kw/20Tac10.jpg

and another 5 shot group with 10x and a 39 grn Blitzking at about 3084 fps
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...kw/20Tac11.jpg

Both were shot at 100 yards, I am no bench rest shooting, these groups impress me should be in great shape for PD hunting in June
    Last edited by Sglshotkw; 04-22-2005 at 12:50 AM.

GunLoad Trainee

Sorry for being a little slow on the reply. Have been busy trying to get the Corn planted..... What part of MN are you from? Around the Twin Cities? Just curious.

Now to the Tac .20, what twist do you have? I have a 26" Pac-Nor with 13" and I am having lots of trouble stablizing the Sierra 32 BlitzKings. I can take the very same load that is keyholing the Sierra's, put in a 32 VMAX or 35 Berger, not a problem. Seems like I am the only one having this problem. I have a .204 in the XR100(12" twist), not a problem here either. I have cleaned the barrel religously, even check'd it with a Hawkeye. Barrel is clean, and a very good interior.

OK, nuff for now,

Thanks for listening,

Bill B.

GunLoad Trainee

Mines a Douglas blank in 10 twist Custom made by On Target Technologies

Was out playing again today N133 and 32 grn Blitz 4 shots .500 and then the nut behind the wheel threw out the fifth shot

I live in Bloomington

GunLoad Trainee

Sglshotkw, I did not mean to be so long in responding, Reason I asked where you were in MN, which I am still not sure where you live. But, we have a daughter that is on a ranch at Mora. Ever heard of that town?

Bill B.

GunLoad Trainee

Talking

No problem Bill

I'm locate in a suburb just south of the twin cities.
    Mora is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours north of me nice town though.

I'm still playing with the 20 Tactical as far as loads, trying to get ready for Wyoming PD trip

GunLoad Trainee

Default .20 cals

Sglshotkw, By the time I get an answer to you, you will either be hunting PDogs, or home from the hunt. I am not the most observant on these forums. Getting too old...... I am sure if you went or are still planning a trip to WY, you will need plenty of ammo.

There are lots of PDogs around Rapid City SD. Just a hint, which I am sure you are aware of...

I have several Pdog towns in my immediate vicintity to hunt at, but is now getting to late in the yr., most of the pastures now have cattle in them, and these guys get a little touchy with someone blasting away with critters in the same area.

Let me know how the Dog Trip to WY turns out for you.

Bill B.

GunLoad Trainee

Bill

We leave for WY on the 15th of June, just going over the SD border about 30-40 miles but the rancher says no problem about shooting

I just picked up a Savage Striker in 22-250 to add to my collection so hopefully i can get some stuff loaded it likes before I go to. So much to do and so little time

If I don't talk to you before I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.

Kirk

GunLoad Trainee

Default Wyoming PDOG hunt

Sglshotkw, I don't know about your area, but the temps here in SW KS are starting to get a little on the warm side. This last week the temps were in the mid to high 90's. It is too early in the yr for this, but that is what living in KS is all about..... AND the wind hits us around 35+ mph almost daily. If you think you might be going to HELL when you die, drive to SW KS, you will experience a little bit of it..... We haven't had a decent rain here in over 6 wks. Is very dry..... These kind of conditions sure take the PDOG hunting out of one.

Since you live just south of the Twin Cities, do you remember a town by the name of FARIBAULT? The Gopher Shooters Supply used to be there. I ordered from them for 20 yrs. Then the owner died, last name was PURDY, can't remember his first name, anyway, GSS ceased to exist. Is a shame, as they handled almost every brand of firearm and all loading components. I used to go there in the Fall and pick up some items, mainly just for a late yr car trip, then would venture over to HERTER'S at WASECA, MN.

Guess I will get off my soap box for now.

Have a safe and funfilled PDOG hunt in WY.

Bill B.

GunLoad Trainee

Yep Bill I do know where fairbault is, never heard of GSS but that don't mean much...lol

I run down to Cabelas now which they built in Owatonna, about 45 minutes south of me. Go right through Fairbault on the way.

Hopefully it is not to dry were we are going, 30-40 miles straight west of were SD and Nebraska meet.

Kirk