Thread: Weatherby

500 GR. ROUNDNOSE

Default Weatherby

Does anyone out there think that the 270 weatherby is as accurate or more accurate than the 300 weatherby?

Hey Larry welcome to the guide!!! You know i was really dissaponted to find out the 06 was more accurate than the 270, and the 308 is more accurate than the 06. Still don't know why???
    Toney Relic Hunter

Welcome to the guide Larry I reckon the .300 weatherby was the pick of the bunch
    so far as performance and accuraciy went ! mind you I was tempted to buy a 257 weatherby some years ago ! It was the price & avalibility of Brass over here that stopped me

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

lovedogs

While there are similarities, one cartridge or one brand of rifle isn't more accurate than another. Some have a tendency to be more accurate but it all boils down to the many variables involved. Almost any round or brand can be made accurate if attention is paid to the details to make it shoot well. All .300's aren't accurate. Neither are all .270's. On the other side of things, I've heard it claimed that the old .30 Remington was about as inaccurate as they come, but I knew of one that a friend owned that shot as well as some heavy varmint rifles. It all depends on many factors.