Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid things that I have done.

Default Stupid things that I have done.

THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER DONE!!! And I knew better then to do it.

It was November 1 2004, and there had been a gun show about a week before. At the gun show I got a huge box of old, old, OLD cartridges, that I had got for the little cartridge collection I had. What I already had I put back it the box and put them up for sale, selling one at a time. I got the stupid idea in my head, that I has going to pull some of the cartridges that I had duplicates of. So that night when dad was up on the computer, and I has down in the shop, I decided to get started. I got out my box of cartridges, and started to pull the bullets. Now I knew that they were old, and I knew that some of the were deffinately loaded with black powder, but I continued. I got done pulling what I wanted to pull, and put all of the powder in to a tuna can. I set a lead bullet on the top of the powder, to see if the fire would melt it. I got a box of matches and went out side to do a bon fire with the powder it the tuna can. What I ended up doing was turning my face in to a nice hot dog!!!!!!!!! I stuck the match in to the powder, and it did not light. How come? I put my face right over the can and tried again. THIS TIME IT WORKED!!!!!! I got my face burned bad, and we found the box of matches 10 feet from where it happened, and the tuna can was never found. If you look at me today, I look just like every one else my age, but at the time of the accident, I looked like a hot dog for 2 weeks. It was only from Gods hands that I got healed all of the way from that incident.

It took a lot of courage to tell that story, and it was a lesson that I will never forget.

Versifier,
    If you want you can read this story to some of your hunters safety students to show them just how dangerous guns and ammo can be.
    DANIEL/BS JR.
    Last edited by Bullshop Junior; 01-30-2006 at 02:14 AM.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior
    THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER DONE!!! And I knew better then to do it.

It was November 1 2004, and there had been a gun show about a week before. At the gun show I got a huge box of old, old, OLD cartridges, that I had got for the little cartridge collection I had. What I already had I put back it the box and put them up for sale, selling one at a time. I got the stupid idea in my head, that I has going to pull some of the cartridges that I had duplicates of. So that night when dad was up on the computer, and I has down in the shop, I decided to get started. I got out my box of cartridges, and started to pull the bullets. Now I knew that they were old, and I knew that some of the were deffinately loaded with black powder, but I continued. I got done pulling what I wanted to pull, and put all of the powder in to a tuna can. I set a lead bullet on the top of the powder, to see if the fire would melt it. I got a box of matches and went out side to do a bon fire with the powder it the tuna can. What I ended up doing was turning my face in to a nice hot dog!!!!!!!!! I stuck the match in to the powder, and it did not light. How come? I put my face right over the can and tried again. THIS TIME IT WORKED!!!!!! I got my face burned bad, and we found the box of matches 10 feet from where it happened, and the tuna can was never found. If you look at me today, I look just like every one else my age, but at the time of the accident, I looked like a hot dog for 2 weeks. It was only from Gods hands that I got healed all of the way from that incident.

It took a lot of courage to tell that story, and it was a lesson that I will never forget.

Versifier,
    If you want you can read this story to some of your hunters safety students to show them just how dangerous guns and ammo can be.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

Dan .I don't think there would be one of us here that could'nt honestly say that we haven't done any thing stupid in our lives when it comes to.....It seemed like the right thing to do at the time ! I admire you for haveing the Guts to admit to it & share it in the hope that no one else will make that mistake !
    My claim to stupidity was when I was about 8yrs old ! I clamped a 25-303 round in a vice & set it off with a hammer & centre punch ! I was luckey enough to escape injury from the shrapnel ,but was not lucky enough to escape injury from my Dad when he caught me To make things worse after all these years he still remembers & takes great delight in reminding me of the incident & anyone else who is round at the time !(Mind you he never found out about my younger Brother Making pipe Bombs !!!!)

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Dan,
    I'll do that. It might even smarten up my co-instructor who insists on a foolish demonstration burning piles of black and smokeless powder in ashtrays in the clubhouse. Mostly it decides too many students that bp is too smelly to want to try it. He has learned to keep his face out of it, but has no clue how the students react to it.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

I set off a primmer decaping a while back, I really expected the police to show up shortly {live in an apartment} Them things are loud!!!

I dropped the hammer on my 45 during deer season, while decocking it with fleece gloves on. Have always been afraid they would wack a thumb off.
    You know with them pistols you just can't be to carefull
    Toney Relic Hunter

Private

Quote Originally Posted by versifier
    Dan,
    I'll do that. It might even smarten up my co-instructor who insists on a foolish demonstration burning piles of black and smokeless powder in ashtrays in the clubhouse. Mostly it decides too many students that bp is too smelly to want to try it. He has learned to keep his face out of it, but has no clue how the students react to it.
    Hi Versifier ,
    Does your co-instructor know to do the burn outside ? Sparks goes all over.
    Ask him, how he's going to answer to the police and fire chief,if the clubhouse burns down.
    I'd suggest a 50 foot clearance while burning in small piles.Especially on a non-windy day. Rather dramatic at night.Definately get some cannon fuse. you can get away before it goes up.
    Never get caught with your pants down.
    Makes it hard to run.
    NAHC Life Member
    The old calibers and guns got the job done
    WARTHOG

I must have been 25 when I did the thing with blackpowder.... The little firework was so nice with smokeless, and I wanted to see the difference....
    That was in my bedroom... same close look trying to understand why the damn thing wasn't going BOOOOKKKKKK.....
    It was a small pile, thankfully.

Other stupid things were to accept free 1911 parts from a known rat, twice.... My "only" two accidental discharges.
    The second time I had learned my lesson and I only punched a hole in the range's table... the gun went off when I lightly hit the table with its muzzle.

kg

well here you go I had pulled a few bullets one night in my shop and didnt have anything to put the powder in so I just dumped it in my ash tray and when I went back in the house me and the ash tray I was watching some tv and l started to smoke and about half way through the cig woooooffff man scared me to death
    My idea of gun control is a firm griphttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/lisa1lacy2/funny%20stuff/gunfight.gif

welcome to the guide Brian ! It goes to show that Smoking can harm your health !!! (Now where'd I put me smokes ????)

Dave

Stoopid?? Ya'll cain't even spell stoopid!! I grew up in the mountains of ARKANSAS. Never had seen a Pineapple Tree until I got to NAM in '67. I learned the hard way that pineapples don't grow on trees...they are supposed to grow in the ground. By the GRACE of GOD, no body got killed when I picked one off the tree. Now that be STOOPID!!
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bob
    Stoopid?? Ya'll cain't even spell stoopid!! I grew up in the mountains of ARKANSAS. Never had seen a Pineapple Tree until I got to NAM in '67. I learned the hard way that pineapples don't grow on trees...they are supposed to grow in the ground. By the GRACE of GOD, no body got killed when I picked one off the tree. Now that be STOOPID!!
    JB
    Now that's typical ain't it? every body knows that there were two types of pineapple plant ! There is the one that grows on the ground & the rarer" Victor Charlie" variety,that were lovingly grafted to trees by poor (but dishonest farmers ) JB you tried to pick a inmature one that was the problem ! (thing is was there ever one that got to last until maturity ?????)

Dave