Thread: Ordered a savage 93 VSS 17HMR

Default Ordered a savage 93 VSS 17HMR

Will pick it up next saturday, to long. Mabie i should have went with the a 22 hornet. Well i guess if i dont like it i'll swap it!!!

He ordered it for $180 out the door, the black rifle at wal-mart is $155 and at least a hour and a half to a couple of day hassle { they stalled me 3 days on my last rifle i bought}
    Toney Relic Hunter

Toney,
    Sounds like a nice rifle. I have been looking at a H&R Handy rifle in 17 HMR, but want to get a 308 win before I get another rim fire. I have been looking at the Stevens 200, and got in a big fight to myself between The 308, 25/06, and the 7mm/08, and decided on the 308 for a cast bullet gun. I just learned that my dad is ordering a handy rifle in 25/06, that he does not want me to know about. (please do not tell him that I know!!) And rummer has it that he is going to order a 22 hornet, and some big bore barrals for it.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Dam it did'nt come in, think i got the run a round. Andy is still trying to push off a rossi on me. Almost relived though.

Ordered a 59-66 yugo sks and another m44 yesterday.
    Toney Relic Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Toney
    Dam it did'nt come in, think i got the run a round. Andy is still trying to push off a rossi on me. Almost relived though.

Ordered a 59-66 yugo sks and another m44 yesterday.
    Damn you've got to hate that ! You hand out good money & then have to wait for the rifle ! I've only seen a couple of the 17HMRs over here as the price of ammo is shocking to say the least (around $30.00 per 50 ) I'll stick with my Hornet thank you as I have a real problem with throwing away empties !

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

dok
    A man after me own heart, a hornet man. My most favoritus cartridge just one click ahead of the 45/70 on my list.
    1000 shots to the pound of powder, and enough penitration to drop an ox in it tracks with a brain shot.
    Used it for two yak last year, head shot and pole axed.
    Bout the bestest small game # they ever came up with.
    My favorite boolit is the NEI #2. That little 45gn flat nose has a pleasing and effective smack when it connects with a small critter.
    BIC/BS

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior
    dok
    A man after me own heart, a hornet man. My most favoritus cartridge just one click ahead of the 45/70 on my list.
    1000 shots to the pound of powder, and enough penitration to drop an ox in it tracks with a brain shot.
    Used it for two yak last year, head shot and pole axed.
    Bout the bestest small game # they ever came up with.
    My favorite boolit is the NEI #2. That little 45gn flat nose has a pleasing and effective smack when it connects with a small critter.
    BIC/BS
    My fav Fox round is Winchester 40gn hp that were designed for the .22mag (I get them by the thousand From a man who knows a man who is related to ......) Out to 150yds in my Martini No fox is safe the pill goes in & do'nt come out & even at closer ranges there is only a small exit wound ! No excesive skin damage ! I near converted her over to k Hornet at one stage but I could'nt bring myself to do it ! When I first got her she shot .223 dia bullets but now the barrel is so worn she shoots tight groups with .224 dia ! I'll get a new barrel for her one day (but not yet ! (& you can't go past the 45-70 )

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin