Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Single shot shooters out there?

GunLoad Trainee

Default Much thanks for your acquaintence / experience with "Taurus/Judge"

I do appreciate the factual notes of all minds on the 'net, and this includes yours. As you may deduce from my screen name, I like to test out a lot of things. Test To Destruction is what it means. My Judge will be wrung out factually and w/o tears. Full data are also a part of my fun. I accept your fact-based opinion, however when Dad said, "Don't touch the poker, Son, 'cuz it's hot" I of course had to test just HOW hot it was. I was clueless about the "J" when I at first heard of it. The price had a "get-em-while-they're-hot" / P T Barnum quality about it, and I let my curiosity wane. I gathered a sort of "Tuppere-ware-Glock" scent to many of the arguments, i.e. "I LOVE my Glock" , or "I HATE all Glocks" That tea-pot tempest has shaken out a few bad things about Glock that have made Gaston forge it into a better weapon, over-all. And now that same camp has brought some True Believers (those who could profit from a Taurus success), and some ammo manufacturers are offering some special .410-bore loads for the "J", it caught my attention again. [[ Right here I must state that my "J" is in a gun shop on consignment. I have the consignee's O.K. to shoot it some. The full-handful and muzzle-flash made him nervous. It has the full factory warrant, and if anything goes wrong, it will be fixed; if I test to "ka-bOOM" I'll buy the gun for the posted price. The owner is as curious as I. ]] So, again, I don't see your opinion detracting from the facts you know, and I value that in anyone. Thanks for the report, and I'll post pictures of the "final shot" of my Judge. F.O.B.

GunLoad Trainee

Just found this post and only the second day of postings. I have two single shots one NEF Handi in 45/70 and one Pedersoli Sharps in 45/70.

Matt

O yes , most gun nuts have a collection of single shots , me I have a bunch !

GunLoad Trainee

Default single shots

Quote Originally Posted by lovedogs View Post
    Yup, my locker is starting to bulge at the seams with a variety of H&R's, Buffalo Classics, and Contenders. Are they an addiction? Me thinks maybe!
    HAH!! Addiction, indeed! I have Trapdoors, Rolling Blocks, Sharps, Brownings, Stevens, Winchesters, H&As, etc. Notice they are all plural??! Then there is the Ruger #1 and old Remmy 22 I bought when was 15. Then there's the pistols.....
    My first post here, thanks for having me.
    Last edited by mazo kid; 08-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.