Thread: nagant sporter

Default nagant sporter

got the mount and handle on
    Toney Relic Hunter

With the scope it's shooting 1 1/2" off the hood of the truck!!! shooting check silver tips
    Toney Relic Hunter

Tony
    A couple questions for ya. What kind of mount did you use, and is that bolt the type that you saw off the origonal and drill and tapp for the replacment?
    I have never actualy seen one of those but am curious to know how well they will hold up.
    We have several carbines in our shop that get little interest. I think if I sported them up a bit they may move. We have a large number of Russians that emigrated here when they broke up but they too want scopes.
    BIC/BS

It's an advanced techology mount kit, comes with the dill, tap, mount and the handle. Got this one from sog for $33 a buck more than the rifle.

The handle is the only bad thing, it works but does'nt look that good. You cut the original off leavind a 1/16" of nub. the hole is drilled besides the nub and the handle is bolted on. i had to epox the nub to keep the handle from moving, made it rock solid! with a welding rig i think it would look a lot better

The mount is solid bolted on with 10/32 machine screws

Time will tell have only shot this one twice swapped my first on off right after i finished it. it did'nt shoot very good. the pawn shop guy gave me a hundred in on trade for it
    Toney Relic Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Toney
    It's an advanced techology mount kit, comes with the dill, tap, mount and the handle. Got this one from sog for $33 a buck more than the rifle.

The handle is the only bad thing, it works but does'nt look that good. You cut the original off leavind a 1/16" of nub. the hole is drilled besides the nub and the handle is bolted on. i had to epox the nub to keep the handle from moving, made it rock solid! with a welding rig i think it would look a lot better

The mount is solid bolted on with 10/32 machine screws

Time will tell have only shot this one twice swapped my first on off right after i finished it. it did'nt shoot very good. the pawn shop guy gave me a hundred in on trade for it
    Toney,
    Advanced techology.........That rings a bell......But I do not know why. OH YA!!!!!!!!! Advanced techology !!!!!!!!!!!! That is the brand of the stock that we have on our enfield 45/70. Well It should be esay to find.
    Thank you.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Shot it at 175yd today, it's keeping everything within 3 1/2". Almost through with it, most all the bayo mount is gone. Still got to repair the crack, you can see it in the pic. Got a 3/8 poplar dowell yesterday, but think it's to big. Going to get a 1/4" one tomarrow.

Thinking about trying the pistol grip i read about at surplus rife.

I sure wish i had a good bench to shoot that ice box from. Gonna have to start shooting at the bottom door, the hill is getting shorter
    Toney Relic Hunter

Went ahead and gouged out the forarm for the dogcollar sling.
    Toney Relic Hunter