Thread: gun apprasial

GunLoad Trainee

Default gun apprasial

I have a friend that has his dads collection and is wantin to sale. I have a book but havin trouble finding some. Gun show comin up this weekend and wanting to take some and try to sale.I have ser#s and info if there is someone that can help there all in fair to good shape as far as mechanics but finish is not bad but used.

books seem to run the gamut on prices , most seem to go by the blue book of gun values , and the latest edition at that , but even that doesnt always seem to hold true , btw ? while mechanical aspects do figure into it finish often does and heavily !! on some guns , such as some antiques a rusty bore doesnt mean as much as " patina " ( well , within reason of course ) or how much bluing is left or is worn etc , because of the disparities it's best to look at some online auction sites and see what the guns themselfs are actually bringing ( the real world so to speak ) another place to check ( or perhaps even/also list them for sale ) is armslist.com , please keep in mind that there too the prices on the same guns can vary , a case in point is i seen a very worn $300 new gun being offered for $600 ( i think he was trying to also recoup the price of most the ammo shot in it that wore it out [shrugz]