Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy Folks, I'm a new Guy!

Old Timer

Default Howdy Folks, I'm a new Guy!

I hope this is the correct forum for this post. I'm an old boy, been reloading for a long time, but learn new stuff regularly.

Lately, I'm into brass forming, loading and shooting some of the old stuff, 11 mm Mauser, 43 Argentine and the like.

I got this link from Toney, I think I'm going to like it here!

Howdy Mosko Glad to have you here at the guide!!! i do a lot of reforming to
    Toney Relic Hunter

Welcome to the Guide Mosko! Any questions feel free to ask, any answers feel free to post

G'day Mate welcome to the guide . Great place to swap information
    Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Talking

Howdy Mosko!

I do a lot of reforming, too. Usually on Saturday morning, and sometimes on Sunday morning as well.

Actually, I'm pretty much able to get "factory" brass for the calibers I'm loading. Used to reform for 32 Spl and 25-35, but then I bought a 30-30 and don't need the potential for confusion.

If I were to find one of the Rolling Blocks in .43, I probably would be into the reform process to feed it.
    Regards,

WE

Old Timer

Ah yes, the rolling blocks. They have been made is so many calibers, for as many countries. I find it very enjoyable to work with them. The good thing is that you can't shoot a truck load of ammo if you try at one sitting. I find that with a good handload, some very impressive groups can be attained. I guess "quality shots" best explains it more than "quantity shots".

Private

Hi Mosko,
    Welcome. Glad you're here.
    Hope you'll enjoy the forum.
    Never get caught with your pants down.
    Makes it hard to run.
    NAHC Life Member
    The old calibers and guns got the job done
    WARTHOG

Mosko
    Ask Jr. about them rollers. He has one on a sporter action built up for long range in 38/55, lucky little bugger. We shot a match at Buffalo Gap ND and he made me look ah well less experianced than himself and he's 12 and I am 50, lucky little bugger. He cleaned the 600 yard target and I skunked it. He went 4 for 8 at the 800 yard in a stiff cross wind and I managed to tie him on that one. I thought I was handicapping him by calling a couple extra points on his settings but he was still smacking that 800 yard distant steel buffalo, lucky little bugger.
    Think I will load his match ammo next time, HA! Like ta see the lucky little bugger hit it now!!!
    BIC/BS

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop
    Mosko
    Ask Jr. about them rollers. He has one on a sporter action built up for long range in 38/55, lucky little bugger. We shot a match at Buffalo Gap ND and he made me look ah well less experianced than himself and he's 12 and I am 50, lucky little bugger. He cleaned the 600 yard target and I skunked it. He went 4 for 8 at the 800 yard in a stiff cross wind and I managed to tie him on that one. I thought I was handicapping him by calling a couple extra points on his settings but he was still smacking that 800 yard distant steel buffalo, lucky little bugger.
    Think I will load his match ammo next time, HA! Like ta see the lucky little bugger hit it now!!!
    BIC/BS
    Bullshop I feel your pain !!!!!! My 12yr old Step son has a very nasty habit of out shooying me on the range ! I've still got him Buggered out in the field for the moment ! Part that hurts is I shoot for a living ! But he dose most of his shooting at the range ! needless to say other members don't (choose not to) see the big picture ! May I suggest a 10oz Ball pane hammer applied to his trigger finger at great verlosity ????? (trust me I'm considering it )
    Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Yep, that is me all right!!!!! Lucky bugger!!!! But he forgot to tell you that he set my sights with the setings for the 45/70 and used the 38/55 setings for the 45/70!!!! I still beet em though!!! Lucky bugger!!!
    DANIEL/BS JR.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)