Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sealing with shellac

GunLoad Trainee

I like the idea of using different colors for different loads.

Now we just need a Real Man (tm) to step forward, and go buy five hundred bottles of nail polish in a dozen different colors for all of us.
    "When I have your wounded."
    -Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing an order to leave a hot L.Z., July 1, 1964, moments before being killed by a single shot.

Wise

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Now we just need a Real Man (tm) to step forward, and go buy five hundred bottles of nail polish in a dozen different colors for all of us.
    Buy? BUY?????? I just hijack my wife's when she ain't looking.
    I use it to keep scope screws from backing out. Works almost as good as loctite and the screws are easier to get back out should you want to make changes. Just be sure you degrease them and the screw holes thoroughly.
    Paul B.
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS AN OXYMORON PROMULGATED BY MORONS.

i got a teenage daughter, i should buy stock in the fingernail polish company if they all have that much.
    i never knew there were more nail polish colors than there are model car paint colors.
    she has a 9x10x14 box full of them and a giant gallon sized bag of other colors as back up shades or sumthin.

I have developed the habit of sealing both primers and bullits all the time. I do this for the sake of consistancy. Somehow every hunting season, at one point or another, a cartridge finds it"s way to the snow. As for the range, the nail polish color idea might help to see flattening of the primer more distinctively and also for different loads. I'll have to raid the wife's hoard.
    I have a plan

GunLoad Trainee

I never knew all the things you can do with nail polish. I just let the little lady go spend my money on her fingers and toes. What a great idea of putting a different color on the bottom of different loads for said caliber. My problem I would probably forget which color went with which load. Good Idea.