Thread: Figured I'd Say Hello

Default Figured I'd Say Hello

Looks like I am the Newbie to this forum. Thought I'd better at least say hello. So HELLO from Ammon, NC. I am not new to reloading. Had my first class when I was 12. I am now retired from the U.S. Army and semi-retired in general. After the Army I went to work as a machinist and before leaving the work force for the farm and my own shop and range, I was responsible for set-up and programming of the CNC equipment for a manufacturing company that produced AR15 style rifles and carbines.

As I said, I am now on the farm and working to clear some land for a range and garden. Figured 600 yards was enough. Always wanted to be the only kid on my block with a 600 yard range and now I will. LOL.

Other than that, I am trying to get the shop finished. Nothing fancy, mill, lathe, welding booth, EDM wire machine and a 60 ton punch press. They all followed me home Dear, honestly.

I am terrible about firearms and reloading. If I have a CF caliber, I have to reload for it. I reload .223 Remington on the small end up to .50BMG at the top. In between is a couple of dozen others including BP cartridge.

As I have taken a fancy to Cast Boolits in the past few months, I found this forum. Eggs and Bacon, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Hand in Hand, just don't get no better than that!

I'll be around,
    Last edited by drhall762; 08-06-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Spel Check is'nt perfekt.
    Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
    An armed society is a polite society.
    Just because they say you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you!

Welcome and hello!!! You and I have similar back grounds; retired Navy, worked for a Big Yellow(Caterpillar) dealer until I retired to full time reloading and shooting. I was introduced to casting and hand loading at almost the exact same age as you. Gave up on making a living, it was taking too much time away from the vital endeavors. GUNS!!!!!!!!!!

dave welcome to the site.
    Interesting jobs you've had.

Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

Welcome to the site Dave !