Thread: Trap 100 powder?

Grunt

Default Trap 100 powder?

I have some 20 ga shells my son loaded some time ago and am getting a lot of poor ignition in them? Has anyone else had trouble with trap-100 powder?

The load is a Wnchester AA 2 3/4" hull WAA20 wad Winchester 209 primer and 15 grs. of Trap-100 powder. This is out of their book and is supposed to be a 10100LUP load?

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by firefly 1957 View Post
    I have some 20 ga shells my son loaded some time ago and am getting a lot of poor ignition in them? Has anyone else had trouble with trap-100 powder?

The load is a Wnchester AA 2 3/4" hull WAA20 wad Winchester 209 primer and 15 grs. of Trap-100 powder. This is out of their book and is supposed to be a 10100LUP load?
    I just saw this post. As a matter of fact, I haven't had any trouble at all with this particular powder. It seems to give a nice load with very low recoil. I looked up that load in one of my manuals and it said use only 13.5 grains and 7/8oz. of shot. That load breaks clays but won't operate the action of a Remington 1100-at least 2 that I tried it in. It did work well in a Sporting 20 until I put a Wolff spring in it. It was flipping the shells halfway to the moon but now is a little better behaved.

I would maybe suspect primers or maybe powder got wet?

Grunt

I have not the slightest I am sure componates were not contaminated Thought I would ask here.