Thread: Finally fired the Walther

Default Finally fired the Walther

I picked up a very nice Walther PP in 7.65 last year, about the time the weather turned ugly. I went thru it, cleaned, inspected, cycled and set it away. I don't like shooting self shuckers in winter, too hard to find the cases and then they are dirty and wet. I loaded a box using some Remington 71 gr. FMJ/RN and found a box of PMC factory ammo for test and evaluation purposes. Last week I finally got out. Ground clear and not muddy. What a fantastic little gun, extremely accurate, modest recoil, positive feed and extraction, all round very pleasing. Why did I wait so long to buy one?
    I had a PPK/s in 380, nice gun but not fun to shoot, small grip and heavy recoil and the standing ejector broke twice. Interarms was still in business, so parts were easy to get and no problem to install. The PP is a little larger and all round nicer gun for my taste.
    Definitely a keeper!!!!!! PP was built in 1964, near as I can determine.

Super Moderator

Wow good find. glad it shoots nice for you. Pic of gun?

Andy

I don't own nor know how to use a camera, sorry.

Cameras are easy. Point and click the little button. Why not use the camera on your cell phone? Then you can e mail the pics.