Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Single shot shooters out there?

Old Timer

Default Any Single shot shooters out there?

I shoot rolling blocks, Mauser 71's, Gras and Vetterli, single shot rifles. I think the most enjoyment comes from fabing the ammo. I have caught myself firing what ammo I had so that I could make some more, any of you have that problem?

GunLoad Trainee

Default Single shot shooters.

No but I an kinda focused on keeping my ammunition supplies reloaded to a certain point after a range day.
    Fancy running into you here.I wasn't aware that you were into rolling blocks.

Stan

Yup, shoot a Buffalo Classic in 45/70 and a Neff Ultra Varmint in .223. Have also started my grandson out on a Rossi with barrels in .22 and .410. Reloading for them is almost as much fun as shooting.

lovedogs

Yup, my locker is starting to bulge at the seams with a variety of H&R's, Buffalo Classics, and Contenders. Are they an addiction? Me thinks maybe!

I have two NEF's and two Ruger #1B's, along with a T/C Encore pistol....And a Rag Nose...
    Tom

Warning! Does NOT play well with others!

GunLoad Trainee

first post for me. I have a g2 contender in 357 max and a bfhunter by EABCO falling block pistol in 7mm Bench rest magnum.

BRU

GunLoad Trainee

Talking

I am a shooter of single-shots too. I currently have seven 40XB Rangemasters in the single-shot action. I have another in for rebarreling and one more on order in .220 Swift!

Sharps, rollers and trapdoors. Even an old single shot cooey model 39 22.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

GunLoad Trainee

Default Pardon this necro-post, but ...

I've just begun searching for SingleShots, since I have gotten the bug-bite. I have 2 T/C Encores, one Pro-Hunter, plus 3 Lone Eagles, and a brand new Taurus Judge in 3"x3"-magnum. The Judge will be a test-bed for a few loads I want to push through my Encores and the Katahdin T/C. Since the "J" is the cheapest piece of the lot. I have this question re the Judge: How substantial is the cylinder? My contemplation is to load 3" brass hulls, (with crimp=2½in.) to push 230~260gr lead slugs. or copper discs combined with ØØ and cream-of-wheat. I have bought 4 reloading manuals for this experiment. But actual experience is what I will lean on. Is this task worthy, or worthless, compared to the cost of an hospital visit. F.O.B.

I would not accept any Taurus product, even as a gift, never mind even considering trusting anyone's life to one. But that's me. When I was working on other people's guns I would not have one in my shop after more than a few bad experiences. I will grant that this was quite some time ago, but after watching more than one turn into shrapnel beside me I lost all trust in them and have seen nothing since that has changed my opinion of them. YMMV.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775