Thread: Ruger Mk11 .22

Default Ruger Mk11 .22

I do'nt normaly get a hankering to buy a semi auto but .This morning a Mate called round with a Ruger mk11 & I must admit I was really impressed with it !Now all I have to do is convince the minister of finance (The wife that I really must have one )I'm still trying to get the guts up to tell her there's another martini in the safe !
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

I have one of the Mark II 22/45 variants with 5.5" barrel, and it is a fine shooter. One hell of a lot of pistol for the money, in my view.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum gerere--et Fortuna favorat fortis.

Exclamation

I know this might be a fairly controversial statement, but I think the MkII is the best firearm S,R&Co has ever produced, bar none. Right out of the box ten years ago, my bull barrel unit is the most accurate handgun I have ever owned. I have other Ruger products that I really like, too, and have had and sold others I wasn't too thrilled with over the years.
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why they made the most recent changes - I think the new MkIII version is junk and can't see why anybody would waste their time or money one. A clear case of fixing what ain't broke, and breaking it. Every single change a disimprovement and a dissapointment. They should know better.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Tell her you bought it for her
    Toney Relic Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Toney
    Tell her you bought it for her
    Bugger that! She'd never let me use it! What I'll do is hide it for a while . Somewhere she never looks Like the oven for instance

Quote Originally Posted by d-o-k
    Bugger that! She'd never let me use it! What I'll do is hide it for a while . Somewhere she never looks Like the oven for instance

Sounds like we married Sisters

I had a friend that bought his wife a really neat Ruger Red label 20 gauge for her birthday. It's still sitting in the box in the closet

I have a MKII and really like it, it shoots better than I can hold. I had a 22/45 and it was accurate too, but didn't "pack" well. I traded it for a Tarus 421 (?) 3" 44special, best packing gun I ever had, wish I still had it.

krag35
    A wife and a steady job, have ruined many a good fisherman

I must admit the Mk111 is a disapointment ! I had a look at one at my Gun Guys & was not impressed! It will have to be a Mk11 for me to seperate from my hard earned cash

Dave

Some of the plain barrel units weren't particularly accurate, but, just like with the 10/22 and others, there are aftermarket assemblies that pop right on. IIRC, they are considered to be "receivers", so you have to get them through a dealer, but they are slick looking and stellar performers. Someone brought one down to the club last year and everyone wanted to try it out - good thing it's a .22 or the poor guy would have gone broke making everyone happy, but he sat there with a couple of bricks and a big smile while we all broke it in for him in an afternoon. They come in some wild colors!
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by versifier
    Some of the plain barrel units weren't particularly accurate, but, just like with the 10/22 and others, there are aftermarket assemblies that pop right on. IIRC, they are considered to be "receivers", so you have to get them through a dealer, but they are slick looking and stellar performers. Someone brought one down to the club last year and everyone wanted to try it out - good thing it's a .22 or the poor guy would have gone broke making everyone happy, but he sat there with a couple of bricks and a big smile while we all broke it in for him in an afternoon. They come in some wild colors!
    As a matter of intrest Have you seen or used the MK111 Hunter? I saw one in a catalouge At the dealers today (he dosent have any Mk11's at the moment ) So I thought I may go new any thoughts on this model or am I going to have to go for the after market gear you suggest ?

Dave