Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feral cat with a death wish !

Toney seems to have fallen off the edge of the planet. I hope he's OK, but I think he ought to have been back long ago. I noticed Willie has found a new moderator for us, but Al does not seem to be very active here as he is on CB.

Dave has a strange schedule and has to travel a lot. He has had long absences before, but it has been awhile since he posted. I sent him a PM last week, maybe he will get it, maybe he won't. Think positive.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Grunt

I have had terrible problems with Feral cats they even think they own my property after missing one it came back and crapped on porch each night!!! Finally caught it out in daylight bullets are spent 22 rimfire case filled with #9 shot compressed and formed into 55gr. bullet loaded to 3200f/s (less in Mini-14) hit behind ribs did not exit but cat tried to get away second hit stopped it but it bit almost though a 3/8 inch lilac shrub!! Last week had one stalking Partridge in yard did not go for 223 went for 6mm Remington 75gr Hornady HP at 110 yds did not exit all 9 lives spent with one shot. That big female cat must of weighed 14 lbs. and was well fed. I wish people would not dump their cats out here in the country there are to many for the coyotes to eat.

Grunt

Darn another feral cat in yard today I took a shot with my deer rifle 3006 180 Hornady SST just as I fired a strong wind gust moved me off target three hours later I got my deer at about the same range hit exactly were I wanted about 60 yds.

Once I had three cats. A big tom came cruising by. He really looked like Arnold Schwartzecat. Big shoulders. i yelled at him and he slowly gave me this snotty look. Man he would have just destroyed my three little pussycats. I looked at him and said goodbye cat. Got the 22 but he was gone. This happened two. More times before he went into a plastic bag (doubled) and into the garbage. I do not hate cats but do not want the vet bills for fixing mine. Only cat I ever took care of. No more cats and that is O K with me. I like dogs.