Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good 30-06 Load

Grunt

I can tell you to never shoot deer with target bullets when I ran out of Sierra 180 SBT (now game king) I tried some 190 gr Bench rest I had on the shelf they explode on hitting a bone and destroy much meat. On the other hand since I do not keep the pelts they are great for coyotes dropping them with exits bigger than a soft ball.

Wise

AS cold as it gets where you are, I certainly wouldn't want to blow huge holes in coyotes. You should put as small a hole as possible, learn to case skin the yotes and stretch the hides. Granted, coyote hides don't bring in what they did in the late 1990's but I killed enough to pay cash for a brand new 1997 Ford 4x4 pick up truck. Look at it this way, maybe hides only bring in $10 to maybe $20 depending on condition and the size of the hole but that's money in the pocket to but more guns and ammo. What's not to like? Now the hides are good only in the winter when they have their winter coat but it is something you just might want to look at.
    I can't make any money on yotes now that I live in southern Arizona but when I lived in Northern Nevada, I had 2 month season and spent every free moment hunting those little prairie wolves.

http://thelibrary.org/lochist/period...weet/wi76o.htm

Make your hunts pay you a few bucks.
    Paul B.
    Last edited by Paul B; 05-31-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS AN OXYMORON PROMULGATED BY MORONS.

GunLoad Trainee

Default Good 30 06 Load

I have winchester 1885. thanks for the load very much. now for the details I am thinking it would take a large primer with no special cramping to the bullet in the cannilure. Am I correct? Basically I am going to hunt in the woods mostly with it with a some small fields green not more than 200 yd. so I would suppose a 3x9 Nikon would be the ticket. Also who is a good supplier for bullets?