Thread: TC 357 hotshot Data

GunLoad Trainee

Default TC 357 hotshot Data

Does any one know where I might be able to locate reloading data for the Thompson Center Contenders .357 Magnum hotshot shot capsules?

from an old old print of making your contender perform that has very very limited data and all i have ever seen ( to my knowledge anyways )

both with 1/2 oz. shot
    9.0 grains of imr 700x 1200 fps using new ww cases with win 1/2 - 108 primers
    9.0 grains of bullseye 1202 fps using r-p or ww cases in good condition and r-p or ww small pistol primers ( doesnt state magnums so i'm guessing standard )
    it says to load "full length resize and prime cases, bell mouth slightly to facilitate plastic capsule, put in powder charge, insert capsule with flat end down , seat in seating die and crimp case"

i've never loaded these , i have the 44 mag ones tho and they are fun , most the capsules i find empty nowadays are rather brittle from age so plz keep this in mind , i cant find it anywhere on the web ( but there's the possibility of many places i dont know of )

GunLoad Trainee

Default hot-shot

Speer reloading manuals have load data in the back of there book,and I think if you buy the capsuls data comes with it.Speer has a load of 4.5 max for 700x for 38 or 357 mag.

The TC Hotshot Capsule box had load data on it. My 44 Hotshot boxes do also. The Speer data is not serviceable for the TC Hotshot capsules.