Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winchester 25-35

GunLoad Trainee

Good point, Kodiak. As much trouble as I'm having working through leading problems in my 45acp and 9mm, I sure don't need to creat any additional ones for myself. Thanks for the info!

And runfiverun, I'm glad to know about the 60 gr bullets. I was thinking they might do well for just plinking, and getting used to the gun. .... Is it the Core Lok bullet you use (Remington 86 gr)?

The other thing I was thinking about using those 100 gr. "blemished" bullets for was for the 250 Savage and 257 Roberts. Wouldn't they do okay for plinking in those calibers?

What I'm trying to do with all this, is find rifles which are fun to shoot (read "light recoil") so that I can entice our youngest daughter into actually trying it for herself. She's a single mom, has 3 kids, the boys are 6 and 4 and real curious about what Grandma does in the reloading room. But she hates guns (violent ex-husband), and doesn't want the boys to have anything to do with guns. She's kind of softening a bit, and I certainly honor her wishes, but when the boys ask questions, I answer them, and then remind them that mamma doesn't want them around this stuff right now. But I really believe if we can get the boys taught early and properly about guns and gun safety, yada yada yada.... that they will grow up with a proper respect and understanding, and eventually an appreciation for this right of ours, which seems kind of tenuous at times, depending upon who's doing the talking! Sorry. Stepping off my soapbox now....

those blemished bullets aren't all that blemished usually.
    i bought a bunch of them from midway in 30 cal imagine my reaction when they turned out to be noslers and the blemish was not enough moly coating. which i was gonna tumble off anyways.
    and yes the corelokts in 86 gr.

GunLoad Trainee

Well, I dropped the 25-35 off at the gunsmith today, asked him to go through it, clean it up, see if anything needs to be fixed. Said it would be about a week and a half before he could get to it. Sounds fine by me. By then the dies should be here, and I'll have had time to think about how to load for it.

I'm trying to not get too excited about it, but it's hard not to!

Patti

I think that is a very wise move and you will get started loading when the stuff arrives and be off to a great start with a new to you firearm.

Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...