Thread: 32 SW Long with 60 gr XTP bullets

GunLoad Trainee

Default 32 SW Long with 60 gr XTP bullets

Has anyone developed a load for the 32 S&W Long using the XTP 60 gr. Hornady #32010 bullet? I believe this bullet is for the 32 ACP but could it be used in the 32 SW Long. Seems it would be a very mild shooter.
    Thanks.

The starting point for me would be starting loads for 32 Auto. It is .312 dia. so it should be reasonably accurate. All my 32 caliber revolvers, Colt, S&W, Taurus, and Charter Arms slug at .312+/- and I cast and size to .313. Give it a try.

Welcome to the Guide D2x Nice to have another member from my neck of the woods.

First I would check the Hornady website to see if they have any data for that bullet in the .32 long case, and contact them directly if you can't find any. It was designed specifically for the .32ACP. I would also talk to the techs at Sierra and see what they say, too. (It doesn't matter if you are using one of their bullets or not.) I think you would be safe with Guesser's recommendation, but I would feel better with an opinion from a lab with pressure testing equipment. It would be a mild shooter, but I don't know if it will stabilize in your revolver's barrel or not. Let us know what you come up with and decide to do.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775