Thread: RamShot True Blue powder and 380 auto

GunLoad Trainee

Default RamShot True Blue powder and 380 auto

Been shooting My KelTEC 380 P3at with 100 grain lead cast bullet. Sadly not a micro tumble lube bullet. Been using 3.5 grains of Ram Shot True Blue powder. No signs of excessive pressure. Grains used could be a little on the light side.

Now if i could get a True Blue load data for 10MM 180 grain tumble Lube lee bullets, would be a happy shooter.

Ram shot has a load for 40 S&W may try at the high end for the 10mm. See what happens.

If it is not listed, first contact the powder company directly, not merely check out their website. There could be a good reason why, or possibly they have simply not gotten around to testing it, but I would not consider trying it until I heard from them and found out which. The logic that works with .38spec/.357mag and .44spec/44mag can get you into serious trouble with a auto pistol cartridges, especially ones that operate at the pressure levels of the .40S&W and 10mm. You might also ask at the Sierra tech line 800 223-8799 or sierra@sierrabullets.com. Better safe than sorry.

BTW, there is no reason why tumble lubes cannot be used with non-TL bullets, it is the reverse (using conventional stick lubes with TL bullets) that is not a good idea.
    Last edited by versifier; 06-02-2010 at 03:46 PM.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

GunLoad Trainee

well after 100 rounds plus on the Kel tec very confortable with that load. When I find out about loading 40 S&W and 10MM iwth Lee Tumble luve 175 grain I will post. results. Just target loads i hope.