Thread: New Woodleigh Bullet for .270 Win

Hunting Fanatic

Default New Woodleigh Bullet for .270 Win

Woodleigh has brought out an 180-grain protected point soft nose in .277 diameter. I am trying to work up a load for my .270 Winchester, but Woodleigh doesn't have any reloading information. Woodleigh says to use published data from other bullet and powder manufacturers. However, there is no real comparable data for a .270 Winchester Winchester using an 180 grain bullet. In the Barnes previous reloading manual, Barnes Reloading Manual # 3 they have a load for the Barnes 180-grain original, but the BC for the Barnes and Woodleigh are so far apart. The Barnes original BC is.372 vs. .513 for the Woodleigh. There is also three loads in the Hodgdon 2010 Reloading Manual. The best podwers that I saw were RL22, IMR 7827, and H1000. Any tips or suggestions?

ok

Default 180 grain .270

ADI list two powders for 180 grain 270 loads. Also ADI should be familiar with woodleigh bullets as both are manufactured in Australia. Powders AR2213SC similar to Hogdon H4831 and AR2217 similar to hogdon H1000 as listed in ADI manual ADI Site http://www.adi-limited.com If this is any help.