Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back when I was in my early twenties

I know hat you mean about that city living Crap! Jim, when my Parents left the land they moved to Adelaide . They got a 1/4 acre block with a Natural creek & reservation across the road .In what was a nice area Now there is a new develoment that charges almost what our whole Property is worth! On 1/8 blocks No front yard ,no back yard & the roofs are almost touching ! Damned if I can work out how they live like that ! !
    I know this is going to say strange but our property might sound Large but compared with the Sheep & Cattle stations up North ours is a Hobbie farm ! Theirs are measured by hundreds of square miles! We use 4x4s ,horses & Bikes to muster & grow wheat ! This is My Little Brothers Department ! I was never the farmer in the family .
    When my wife moved over here she & the kids had never been out of a Major city ! That was 4yrs ago ! Now the Kids all shoot ,Drive ride as though they were bred out here ! Yet my own Kids have moved to major cities & won't come back out here ! No accounting for Taste !
    We pay Land taxes & taxes for any Road frontage .Im not sure what the rate is these days (I'm frighterned to ask ) I own a 1/2 acre in the Township of Quorn & pay 370 per year in rates on that !
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Thanks for the Gold Wing Link! I have a 81 here that ran a little rough last time and it sure looks like that is a great place to seek help.
    I really enjoyed that story...........great times can be had just dinking round the desert.